Human Interface Guidelines
Blender Human Interface Guidelines
The Blender Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) aim to provide a clear path towards understanding Blender's user interaction schemes and how they apply to its variety of workflows.
They should be a practical resource for contributors, including Add-on authors, designers and core developers.
Please respect that the HIG is rather extensive and that we can't reasonably expect contributors to know all of it.
Work in Progress
The Blender Human Interface Guidelines are still in development. They are unpolished and a lot of content is missing still.
Proposal for restructuring
The current page structure is temporary, see T97989.
Here are the things we should address before sharing the HIG more widely:
- Initial vision statement.
- Add more contents to Layouts page.
- Add/improve contents on Process page.
- Update Sidebar Tabs for 2.8 changes.
- Clearly mark which pages are "approved".
- Make things prettier :) (mostly through pictures).