Overriding Resource Directories
It is now possible to override all
SYSTEM paths using environment variables:
Previously, sub-directories could be overridden via environment variables such as
BLENDER_SYSTEM_PYTHON (see the
--help message for a full list). However there was no way to override the top level directories which scripts could access via
bpy.utils.resource_path. Now the top-level directories can be overridden so the default USER or SYSTEM resource paths aren't used by accident (bf4926b30c).
- New stack of fonts for improved language and symbol coverage (e9bd6abde3).
- FreeType caching to allow more simultaneous fonts with less resources and increased performance. (d39abb74a0)
- Avoid loading fonts that are not actually used (c0845abd89).
- Font sizing now always assumes 72 DPI, simplifying code. DPI argument to blf.size() is now optional and deprecated. (cd1631b17d)
- Gamma correction for text output for improved anti-aliasing. Result is also slightly fuller and brighter. (d772e11b5a)
- Create preview thumbnails of WebP images a little quicker while using much less RAM. (8851790dd7)
- View layer sync operations are now postponed until the sync results are needed. This greatly speeds up scripts that create many objects in a single operation (rB68589a31).
- Depsgraph: Optimize evaluation of dependencies of disabled modifiers (f12f7800c2)
- Metaball objects are now evaluated as meshes. Render engines now only need to process the corresponding evaluated mesh object and can skip the evaluated metaball object. (rBeaa87101).
- Support extracting frames from WebM videos that dynamically change resolution. (d5554cdc7c).
- Video rendering: Support FFmpeg AV1 codec encoding. (rB59a0b49c).
- libOverride: RNA API: Add option to make all overrides editable in