< Reference | Release Notes | 3.3
- New property in the Shade Smooth operator to enable Auto Smooth. Exposed as Shade Auto Smooth in the 3D Viewport's Object menu and Object Context Menu. (eef98e66)
- New snapping method that snaps transformed geometry to Nearest Face. Expanded snapping options to give more control over possible snapping targets. (011327224e)
- Surface deform modifier can be used when target mesh increases number of vertices. (5f8f436dca)
Four changes help with workflow and improve final UV quality.
- When using UV Unwrap in the UV editor, only the selected UVs will be unwrapped. (c0e4532331)
- Minimize Stretch will now unflip faces. (135e530356)
- Upgrade Average Island Scale with new options, Scale UV and Shear. (931779197a)
- Add new operator, "UV Select Similar". (1154b45526)
In addition, many smaller bugs have been fixed or resolved including:
- Snapping to UV vertices is now done if the cursor reaches a minimum distance. (d2271cf939)
- Improved constrain-to-image-bounds when scaling UVs. (bc256a4507, 4d7c990180)
- Use per-face aspect correction when applying Cube Projection, Spherical Projection, Cylinder Projection and Project From View. (1c1e842879)
- Update size of hitbox for UV axis gizmo so it matches hitbox size in the 3D viewport. (65e7d49939)
- During UV unwrap, pinned vertices will not be merged. (e6e9f1ac5a)
- Improved UDIM support.