Blender 2.93: Modeling
- New option Taper Mode to control how taper objects affect the effective radius of the spline. The different taper modes are shown below on a spline with a radius of zero at one end and a radius of one at the other end. (ec97450aec)
- Proportional edit connected mode now has more accurate falloff using geodesic distances. Previously this gave mesh topology dependent results that were not smooth. (21b923121b)
The list of available options for UV smoothing has been extended (66151b5de3). The available options now are:
- None - UVs are not smoothed, boundaries are kept sharp.
- Keep Corners - UVs are smoothed, corners on discontinuous boundary are kept sharp.
- Keep Corners, Junctions - UVs are smoothed, corners on discontinuous boundary and junctions of 3 or more regions are kept sharp.
- Keep Corners, Junctions, Concave - UVs are smoothed, corners on discontinuous boundary, junctions of 3 or more regions and darts and concave corners are kept sharp.
- Keep Boundaries - UVs are smoothed, boundaries are kept sharp.
- All - UVs and boundaries are smoothed.
Additionally, the default has been changed to "Keep Boundaries" (3d3b6d94e6), helping to avoid UVs distortion.
A new option has been added to the mirror modifier: Bisect Distance (00ec99050e).
This parameter controls the distance from the mirror plane within which vertices are deleted during the bisecting process.
Note that this is most useful when working at a small scale or with vertices close to the mirror plane. The default value (
0.001) will work fine for most cases.