Reference/Release Notes/2.93/Geometry Nodes
The geometry nodes project was expanded to build on the attribute system, allow sampling textures, support volume data, improve usablity, and much more.
- Attribute Proximity (4d39a0f8eb, f7933d0744)
- Attribute Sample Texture (425e706921)
- Attribute Remove (60f7275f7f)
- Attribute Convert (670453d1ec)
- Attribute Clamp 43455f3857
- Attribute Map Range (dda02a448a)
- Bounding Box e0a1a2f49d
- Collection Info (894cc9c915)
- Is Viewport (e7af04db07)
- Points to Volume (ff7a557c67)
- Volume to Mesh (16abe9343a)
- Attribute Separate XYZ, Combine XYZ (a2ba37e5b6)
- Subdivide (simple) (4891d4b3d1)
- String Input (a961a2189c)
- Mesh Primitive Nodes (9a56a3865c)
- UV Sphere
- Ico Sphere
New Attributes Available from Mesh Data
- UV layers (33a558bf21)
- Vertex Colors (e3f0b6d5cb)
- Material Index (53bf04f284)
- Face Normals (ba3a0dc9ba)
- Shade Smooth (0700441578)
- Edge Crease (3618948df8)
- A spreadsheet editor was added to display the values of attributes for mesh, point cloud, and instance data (3dab6f8b7b, 17a5db7303).
- The value from a geometry at a certain point in the node tree can be displayed by clicking on the icon in the node header (c6ff722a1f).
- Data from a specific node can be pinned to a spreadsheet editor, to allow displaying data from more than one node at a time (3810bcc160).
- There is now a default workspace for geometry nodes (ac90c8a774).
- Error messages are now displayed for some problems, like when an input attribute doesn't yet exist (461d4fc1aa).
- Clicking on an attribute field now exposes a list of available attributes for that node, cached from the latest evaluation (461d4fc1aa).
- The domain and data type of each attribute are also displayed in the search list (71eaf872c2).
- Rendering attributes created in geometry nodes is possible with Cycles (3a6d6299d7)