Reference/Release Notes/2.91/More Features
Blender 2.91: More Features
- Alpha blending are now done in Linear Scene Reference Space.
- Support of pure emissive colors.
- Improved performance; especially noticeable when viewing render results and repeating image.
- The smoothness of the UV's can now be controlled in the User preferences (b2fc067854)
The FFmpeg library is now compiled with vectorization (SSE/AVX/AVX2) support enabled, allowing for faster video decoding and encoding. In the tests re-encoding 3405 2560x1376 frames on Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU overall time down from 313 seconds to 210 seconds (sample file).
- Implemented Brown-Conrady distortion model, improving compatibility with other software (3a7d62cd1f)
- Add Emission Strength to Principled BSDF shader, as a multiplier to the Emission color. (b248ec9b24)
- Motion blur rendering from Alembic files. (b5dcf74636)
- Overriding the compute device from the command line. (cfa101c228)
- NVIDIA RTX 30xx graphics cards support without runtime compilation.
- For AMD graphics cards, the latest Pro drivers must be installed. These contain critical fixes for Cycles OpenCL rendering to work.