Blender 2.83: Physics
Hair now uses the same collision engine as cloth, yielding much more reliable collisions. (rBd42a7bbd)
- Optimization for self-collision, improving overall cloth simulation performance by 15-20% in tests.
- Performance Optimizations:
- Optimization for scenes with static (i.e. non animated) flow / effector objects. Baking will automatically be faster for those objects.
- Improved baking speed for scenes with lots of obstacles. Effector objects now use the same bounding boxes as flow objects when the geometry is being processed. (rBa5c4a44d)
- Loading times for particle (liquid and/or secondary particles) and mesh files have been improved. (rB7d59f847, rB1280f3c0)
- New UI Options:
- Easier setup for planar emission / obstacle objects: Planes always have non-zero thickness and will always affect the simulation. (rBcda81d5a)
- Cancelling bake jobs is quicker (particularly notable when using domains with high resolutions)
- Important Bug Fixes:
- Smoke rendering in 3D viewport solid mode was changed to be more accurate and support rendering dark smoke. This changes the look in existing .blend files.
- Resolultion default was decreased along with changing the default cache method Replay to improve instantaneous playback