Blender 2.81: Viewport
- Rendered shading mode option to use HDRI studio lights instead of scene lights and world, for both Cycles and Eevee. This mode can now be used for look development.
- LookDev mode was renamed to Material Preview. This mode will be aimed at interactive texturing and fast preview with Eevee.
- HDRI studio light strength can now be controlled in the shading popover.
- Cycles viewport option to display a render pass instead of the combined pass.
- Each viewport can have its own set of visible collections (92736a7b75).
- Workbench matcaps can now be OpenEXR images with separate
specular layers. The layer named
diffuse will be affected by material, texture or random color, while
specular will not.
- Mesh analysis overlay now supports meshes with modifiers, instead of only the original mesh.
- Image objects can now be set to display only in side views.
Multi-layered matcaps (by Pablo Dobarro)