Blender 2.81: User Interface
The outliner got many usability improvements.
- Selection is now synced between the 3D viewport and outliner by default, in both directions.
- Walk navigation with up and down keys.
- Expand and collapse with left and right keys, hold shift to apply recursively.
- Box select with click and drag.
- Range selection with shift click, extend selection with ctrl click, and range select without deselecting with ctrl shift click.
- Expand arrow click and drag to expand or collapse multiple.
- Sub elements shown as icon row can now be selected.
- Object selection with eyedropper now works in the outliner.
- Filter option to show hidden objects.
- F2 to rename active outliner element.
- Parent drag and drop for multiple objects.
- Icons for constraints, vertex groups and sequencer.
The file browser was redesigned.
- Opens as floating window with more standard layout.
- Popovers for view and filter options.
- Importer/exporter options in panels in the sidebar.
- Vertical list view with interactive column header.
- New and updated icons.
Mouse and keyboard interaction is also more consistent and powerful.
- Select with left click, open with double click
- Context menu with right click.
- Range selection with left click.
- Extend selection with right click.
Where you could previously rename the active item with F2, you can now also batch rename all selected items with Alt F2.
- Find & replace, with regular expressions
- Set, prefix or suffix
- Strip characters
- Change capitalization
- Changed the default drawing method of Vector sockets. They are now drawn expanded using a column layout. (26911ba1)
- Option to use OS-Key for emulate middle mouse button. (d596a6368)