Disccussion and suggestions
- Self collision.
- Revise constrained linear solver.
- Interface with goal positions to allow scripted motion.
- Some GUI functionality to change solver/lattice options.
- Improve lattice generation by subdividing surface cells.
- Better per-vertex mass computation that considers volume of embedded mesh.
- Some interesting nonlinear materials.
- Speed up collision detection code/BVH traversal.
- Perform CCD instead of discrete queries. Possibly consider one round of CCD at start of timestep and require smaller timesteps.
- Render lattice in Blender viewport.
- Surface attachment constraints (e.g. Maya's slide constraints).
- Support for quasi-static solves.
- A pin group equivalent from cloth sim would be nice, so you could exclude certain vertices from the sim.