Calendar Week 10
Mar 6 - Mar 12
- PR for matrix nodes
- Proposal for expandable sockets
- Fixed NaNs in curve editing collision solver
- Fixed crash on node updates with “undefined” node tree types
- Regression test is in review to avoid issues like this in future
- Comb brush experiment to make it feel more realistic and controllable with "keyhole constraints"
- Geometry Nodes & Simulation Workshop
- Document expected behavior of caches in simulation nodes
- Write detailed design document for "Realtime Physics"
- Working prototype for constraint-based comb brush, determine feasibility
Calendar Week 11
Mar 13 - Mar 19
- Comb brush prototype demonstration
- Fixed viewer crash in pinned node trees that are not used by the active object
- Fixed inconsistent viewer node connection cycling
- Design doc for caching behavior
- Discussed physics-based animation tools and pros/cons of using Bullet with animation module members
- Clean up new comb brush, get artist feedback, open PR
Calendar Week 12
Mar 20 - Mar 26
- Implemented simplified bending constraint for curve stiffness
- Investigated crash when opening the Node Add menu using keyboard shortcuts.
- Julian takes over after we narrowed it down to memory corruption due to a recent asset change https://projects.blender.org/blender/blender/issues/105855
- Made a notes page and opened a ToDo issue to plan initial “realtime clock” changes:
- Started work on a realtime clock prototype branch.