- developer.blender.org @harley | Revisions | Commits | Tasks | Activity
- devtalk.blender.org Harleya | Activity
- blender.chat @Harleya
- blenderartists.org Harley
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/harley.acheson
- Strava: Cervélo S5, Cannondale SuperX, Specialized SX Trail
- Location: Cowichan Valley, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
- Time Zone: Pacific Standard (UTC-8)
- Platform: Windows
User Interface, pixel-perfect layout, spelling, grammar, fonts, icons, images, input, internationalization, translation, accessibility.
Blender 3.0 Possibilities
- A File Loading Dialog. (D10484)
- Nicer Operator Confirm Dialog (D10955)
- Change File Manager "Favorites" to "Bookmarks". (D10262)
- Various changes to Topbar menus. (D8706). User poll on the subject
- Collapse wide enum lists to single column if not enough space. (D6362)
- Directional Box Selection (D10525)
- Highlight currently-selected Enum (D6655)
- Improved Poll function for FILE_OT_rename (D10554)
- Scrollbars that dynamically change width. (D6505)
Experiments and Work in Progress
- Change position of Measure/Ruler text. (D10128)
- Adding meta-data, like video sizes and FPS, to thumbnails. (D9454)
- Experimenting with ideas for Camera View. (D9506)
- Windows File Ownership (local and domain) in case we need that one day. (D9403)
- Corner action zones allow joining any neighbors. Improved Header Context Menu. (8b049e4c2a, c76141e425).
- If saving a file using CloseSave dialog, do not close if there is an error doing so, like if read-only. (cfa20ff03b).
- Capture object thumbnails at an oblique angle for better preview of the shapes. (ecc7a83798).
- Do not create thumbnail previews of offline files, to avoid slow listings of Windows OneDrive folders. (ee5ad46a0e).
- Improved positioning of menu mnemonic underlines, especially when using custom font. (0fcc063fd9).
- "Render" Window now top-level (not child) on Windows platform, back to behavior prior to 2.93. (bd87ba90e6).
- Improved placement of child windows when using multiple monitors with any above any others (Win32). (d75e45d10c).
- Windows users can now associate current installation with Blend files in Preferences. (bcff0ef9ca).
- 3DView Statistics Overlay now shows Local statistics if you are in Local View (c8e331f450).
- Transform arrow cursor improvements in shape and in response to line width changes. (b4b02eb4ff).
- Navigation Gizmo changes. Better indication of negative axes, consistent use of color and size to indicate orientation, ability to be resized. (ded9484925).
- Position Gizmo tooltips below their bounds so as to not obscure themselves. (cf6d17a6aa).
- Use ellipsis character when truncating strings no matter how narrow. (de3f369b30).
- Windows OS - Allow any input language, regardless of translated display language. (f2781e1c7c).
- Windows OS - Show child windows on top of parent windows. (261fa052ac).
- Temporary windows no longer take over the space of other windows. (492e64c7bc).
- Improved contrast for Status Bar report messages. (694bc4d040).
- Window / "New Window" now opens with a single editor. (be9842f65b).
- Blender thumbnails now saved without "Camera View"-style Passepartout. (9c395d6275).
- Improved positioning of child windows, relative to parents, when using multiple monitors. (d447bd3e4a).
- Categorized List Menus get slight change in format with nicer headings. (aa244a7a68).
- Scene statistics available in 3D viewport with an (optional) "Statistics" Viewport Overlay. (fd10ac9aca).
- Status Bar now showing only version by default, but context menu can enable statistics, memory usage, etc. (c08d847488).
- About Blender dialog added to the App menu to contain information like build, branch, and hash values. This declutters the Splash Screen and highlights only the release version. (5b86fe6f33).
- Area borders given much larger hit area to make them easier to resize. (4e8693ffcd)
- Support for Windows Shell Links (shortcuts) in File Browser. Extended Mac Alias usage. Better display of linked items. (1f223b9a1f)
- Option to print text in bold or italics style, synthesized from a single base UI font. (b74cc23dc4)
- Support for file attributes and hidden files. (1fb62d1272)
- Show icons for special folder locations. (1af8e0cc6c) (a622e29a25)
- Improve toolbar width snapping (ac7eb71089)
- Change Area Duplicate Icon (452834f1e3)
- On Windows, restore app from minimized when closing from taskbar (22ca8b8aee)
- Dynamically enable and disable Edit Menu items based on whether currently applicable (b707504973)
- Visual changes to Info Editor (aa919f3e82)
- Improved keyboard symbols for menus and status bar, following platform conventions. (dc3f073d1c) (f051d47cdb)
- Overflowing text lines now use ellipsis character to indicate line continuation. (63d5b974cc)
- Larger Alert icons for dialogs (a210b8297f)
- Language Selection on "Quick Start" Splash screen (a210b8297f)
- Custom Face Orientation Colors, defined in the theme