March 1 - 5
Presented the spreadsheet design, worked on the self-hosting solutions, started the conversations about the communication channels.
- T86124 Self-hosting external libraries packages
- Modules Communication Channels:
The idea for communication channel is that each module should have a way to onboard developers and artists interested on get involved.
That includes a way to be contacted (devtalk sub-forum or mailing list), and a (per-module) clear process on how the onboard goes (list of approved TODOs? present design first in devtalk? in developer.blender.org?).
February 22 - 26
- Blender 2.92 Release.
- Spreadsheet MVP pixel-perfect design.
- Spreadsheet complete design (wireframe).
February 15 - 19
The bcon4 week involved the usual checking on targets, raising awareness for the upcoming release, the upcoming demo files, and coordinate the release itself.
For Geometry Nodes the main focus was helping to design the attribute spreadsheet editor.
February 8 - 12
This was a week with a focus on everything nodes design. This ended up taking most of the time. I will prepare the outcome of this week later, but here are some of the work in progress documents:
February 1 - 5
The week starting presenting the
Geometry Nodes and the Melting Iceberg in Blender today, which eventually turned into a blog post. Also organized the geometry nodes release notes.
Finally advanced in the design of instances and started on the design for attribute search for geometry nodes.
- Blender Today: Geometry Nodes and the Melting Iceberg
- Blog Post: Geometry Nodes and the Melting Iceberg
- Geometry Nodes 2.92 release page: Nodes List
- Geometry Nodes 2.93 release page: Nodes List
- Tuesday Talks
January 25 - 29
Internal presentation at the studio about the geometry nodes and project organization.
Priorities discussion about the next 6-8 weeks stage of the geometry nodes project:
- Wrap up studio nodes + polishing
* Moss use case * Tree leaves * Attribute search * Instancing integration * Ditch point cloud output
- Everything Nodes design
* Mapping out the use cases for the other node-based systems * On a high level, design how the different systems work * On a high level, design how the different systems integrate
- Attribute Workflow
* Socket attribute inspection * Attribute spreadsheet * Attribute viewport overlay * Mesh viewport preview
Tools for Nodes
* Per node-tree tools
If time allows:
* Nodes Organization / containers and Layer for nodes * Clear design for Attribute painting
January 18 - 22
This week was mostly geometry-nodes to compensate last week which was mostly bcon3. We moved with the user manual changes to allow branching and early documentation of bcon1 features.
Also sanitized the space of the Object Info node in 2.92, since this is important to get it right from the beginning for geometry nodes.
- Monday meeting.
- Tuesday talks.
- Object info transform space update after more debate over the name/tooltip/functionality
- manual docs branching
- Reviewing/testing Collection Info Node
January 11 - 15
This was the week for bcon3 - among coordinating the missing features, helping with the splashscreen checking the status of what landed on master, preparing the new wiki notes.
For geometry nodes, after some review I'm trying to push for a design change/fix in how we handle external objects in the node tree.
Besides that the week was filled with planning for the upcoming year: