March 18 - 22
Stereoscopy drawing fixes (sequencer, viewport camera frame), re-did and committed the fix for cycles update on viewlayer change, fixed objects (un)selected on paste, and missing DEG tag update for hiding curves.
- Fix T62815: Camera frame shift issue + stereo frame working faecac0b5e1.
- Viewport Refactor: Move camera tracking reconstruction in own function 4015d162df5.
- Silence false positive uninitialized warning 820be185bc3.
- Fix warning for uninitialized icon_only 243a9254ea5.
- Fix: VSE preview not showing stereo drawing (unreported) 74b47e4181d.
- Fix T58517: Multi-view issues with OpenGL render + scene settings 5f45cbb26ec.
- Silence warnings 193b708a486.
- Fix T62348: Cycles - Viewport rendering not update on switching viewlayer 9a49a26eb38.
- Fix T62841: Hidden collection shortcut should be work in edit mode a17df6d91e6.
- Fix T61670: Copy -> Paste - Pasted elements are not selected 0c44b7e177f.
- Unify "Hide Selected / Reveal Hidden" operator names 540f50a4da6.
- Fix T62735: hiding curves doesnt hide in viewport 7cf1b81b3c6.
- Silence sorted function declaration/const warnings b7255d33dac.
March 11 - 15
Mixed bug fixes. Finished the workspace context menu issue, master collection in collection related operators, local view fix for python objects (torus) and hook, unhide all selection issue, armature pose/edit mode issues crash and outliner visibility/depsgraph bug.
- Patches waiting for review
- Remove object hide_* operators from outliner keymap 4510f88d00a.
- Fix T62438: Unhide all doesn't set newly visible objects to selected b7d942446f8.
- Fix T62313 - No way to remove object from master collection in 3d view 713010bd779.
- Fix T62320: Outliner collection disable not propagating to other view layers fcffbe1d1b3.
- Fix: "Jump To Target" showing up in workspace context menu 2e043c266bf.
- Fix T62377: Crash hiding Armature in edit mode and switching to pose 868a6797e0d.
- Fix Hook to New Object won't appear in Local View e37e105fedb.
- Fix T62436: New added Torus won't appear in Local View 9054b39b27c.
- Silence warning commits db5ca11d802, aaa35d10924.
March 4 - 8
Another bug fixing week. I started with some stereo drawing reported regression bugs, got a bit caught up on it (fixed some 2.79 bugs even :/), and moved to grease pencil pinning. This was severely broken and bit beyond the greasepencil team's expertise (Antonio Vazquez asked to look at this).
I then moved on to fix a workspace high priority bug -T57655. I end up spending my time preparing the terrain - fixed 2 bugs, submitted patch for 2 more workspace issues - but being able to tackle the bug itself yet.
- Patches waiting for review
- Fix T60855: Workspace duplicating - addons filter won't duplicate too.
- Fix/workaround: "Jump To Target" showing up in workspace context menu
- Fix active workspace changes when deleting workspace a0f2923fd82.
- Fix crash when deleting workspaces too fast aa49444c291.
- Final fix for greasepencil materials assign/select/deselect in edit mode 2ada9c5bc8f.
- Fix T62349: Grease Pencil top material list not working 4ccaf56814a.
- Properties Editor: Grease Pencil and pinning fixes 92d185faebe.
- Minor UI fix: Disable stereo volume alpha when stereo volume is disabled 8eca5c3f7ab.
- Fix build for Linux systems c2ff8735f53.
- Fix stereoscopy convergence plane placement b94ec178a20.
- Fix stereo plane pass and state 0ec98863e27.
- Viewport: Fix stereoscopy volume "wires" not showing 3fc7d51ed3d.
- Fix T62118: Stereo drawing options visible from camera view f1fef41863b.
- Fixup for fix for OSX build using a build folder name with spaces 69c8248a1ce.
February 25 - March 1
I addressed review comments on the outliner collections duplicate patch, and committed it. Followed by sorted bugs such as:
- Grease pencil panel not pinning
- Grease pencil icon not building.
- Delete hierarchy crash.
- OSX build fixup
- Visibility icons drag issue.
Besides work on tracker, and even reporting a few bugs I ran into.
- Fix T62098: Outliner: Delete hierarchy crash d1baed5e3d0.
- Fixup for fix for OSX build using a build folder name with spaces 42faf52d8bc.
- Fix T62025: Outliner and viewport missing update after deleting object 589d0894722.
- Fix T62016: Outliner visibility icons drag behaviour broken 92182495da8 568fa11a040.
- Outliner: Collections Duplicate - remove original duplicate operator 7d4e1ac727f.
- Outliner: Collection - Duplicate Hierarchy, and Duplicate Linked Hierarchy e7ea99af1b0 619c65a4b33.
- Cleanup: Set BKE_key_from_object/_p to take const Object * dbab52e4c0d.
- Fix: Grease Pencil data panels not working with pinning ce104ca8964.
- Grease Pencil: Strokes Cut icon 1beada2c62d.
- Grease Pencil: Silence warning 3d59599afe7.
February 18 - 22
This week I worked on a fixup for the visibility unification, physics related bug, regression on filepath handling, regression on collection switching and small cleanups.
- Patch ready
- D4394: Outliner: Collection - Duplicate Hierarchy, and Duplicate Linked Hierarchy.
- Fix: Workbench assert on non-image texture node 655faca1058.
- Cleanup: Remove redundant function call e9f738754d1.
- Fix T55921: Toggling visibility for collections doesn't work in Pose b6c61945aed.
- Fix T61788: Hidden objects reappear after rendering e278b38b921.
- Fix T61600: Physics properties inactive when appending objects bef82f72d27.
- EEVEE Shader comments: Explain why material gets darkened when using mix shader 0e7409d466f.
- Fix T61696: Filepath buttons not accepting empty values 6c0cbfcd530.
February 11 - 15
The main fix of this week was outliner and object data. While fixing the crash, I refactored the logic for outliner and obdata clicking. We now switch the active object, and always go to the edit/pose mode expected. Also addressed the bug with high priority that I was more comfortable with (crash switching workspaces) beside sorted fixes (bake action, rigid body data missing).
Finally we had a design meeting about outliner, collections and visibility. William Reynish wrote notes and an initial proposal here: T61578.
- Fix T61512: Crash switching workspace with fullscreen area eff3728db91.
- Fix T61210: Crash/inconsistency when clicking on obdata in outliner 2b7752fb007.
- Fix T61567: Object loose its rigid body data when moving to collection f5ac1f444b6.
- Fix Object > Animation > Bake Action caf89c3de16.
- Fix "typo" in show_object_viewport* RNA_def_property_update 09b40aa0397.
- Cleanup: Use ID_IS_LINKED instead of id.lib 66c23ea2b4a.
- Fix: objects in outliner cannot be disabled 69f50e6ea98.
February 4 - 8
I wrapped up and committed the outliner visibility unification. The rest of the week was spent polishing up the visibility functionality:
* A few bug fixes (not change linked ID data). * New functionality (H, Alt+H in the outliner unified for objects and collections). * Isolate object.
A lot of the polishing was based on Julien Kaspar feedback, on behalf of the Blender Animation Studio and William Reynish.
- Outliner visibility: Prevent changing linked objects and collections 191b8951f7a.
- Outliner Visibility: Alt+H operator to unhide all objects and collections e04d6794d01.
- Outliner Visibility: H operator to hide collection or objects 744223afbf4.
- Outliner visibility: Ctrl to isolate object 3f537f30e6b.
- Fix T61287: Object restrict viewport ignored in instanced collection 02581a7ef81.
- Remove no-longer needed function 5ed27372ab4.
- Fixup for outliner visibility not changing disable state db231e87fc8.
- Outliner visibility: Respect original viewport enable/disable state 766741b0aa8.
- Outliner visibility unification: Prevent master collection visibility to change e3a3782d7fa.
- Outliner visibility unification: Implement 3 levels of viewport visibility 897e047374f.
- Outliner: eyes for collection affect collection visibility e3f7f0c3ebd.
- Outliner: Gray out collections only when they are invisible dc7f3123266.
- Per view-layer collection visibility 3d984aa1503.
- Fix T61204: Can't select Camera in stereoscopy mode d1ef6be4a77.
January 28 - February 1
Besides some minor triaging on tracker, I finished the outliner visibility patch.
* Not rebuild depsgraph on visibility change (only on disable collections). * Expose all options (isolate, hide/show, hide/show hierarchy, enable/disable) to a context menu in outliner. * Support drag & drop
It should be merged as soon as it is reviewed.
January 21 - 25
More bug fixes on stereo (Cycles rendering, image editor), freestyle rendering and small UI polishing. Apart from that I spent the time working on the outliner visibility patch. There are still a few things missing, which I want to address the following week. But this week I tackled:
* From review: Ctrl + Click to isolate collection * From review: Alt + Click to disable visibility * From review: hide > disable
- Fix T58142: Crash when use Cycles to render stereoscopy 699b49e8e9d.
- Fix Freestyle (ASAN detected) crash fa1d5586a1a.
- Fix T60775: Stereo drawing in image editor broken (shows only right eye) d96f1fcd394.
- EEVEE UI: Render/Viewport Samples - follow Cycles 178299278b7.
January 14 - 18
January 7 - 11
Stereoscopy 3d drawing is fixed in the viewport, and the stereo 3d support elements are back:
* Cameras * Convergence Plane / Alpha * Stereoscopy Volume / Alpha
Initially what was broken was simply the drawing of the stereoscopy 3d for converging cameras. This issue was introduced with copy-on-write. With this fixed and out of the way, I decided to port the viewport stereo element drawings since we never prioritized that.
- Viewport: Stereoscopy drawing is back ce3475f7479.
- BKE_camera_multiview_model_matrix: Add _scaled version ba89b69ebdb.
- Drawing API: shgroup_instance and shgroup_instance_alpha clarification 9f6e09bd8c1.
- Fix T60328: Stereoscopy Convergence Plane broken 0bd20aa7df2.
- Revert "Fix T60044: Sculpting brush is not visible on file load" 583c3213347.
January 1 - 4
Bug fixing and tracker. More triaging than I was hoping to, but I ran out of confirmed bugs assigned to me.
- Silence warning bfac8a429c7.
- Partial fix T60148: EEVEE hangs when anamorphic bokeh is too low 1753177ad8a.
- EEVEE DoF: Fix runtime error: division by zero when blades was 0 bdbe4844284.
- Fix T60044: Sculpting brush is not visible on file load 4d8ed937f22.
- Fix poll function for SelectPattern operator c862c14339e.
- Fix T60030: Select pattern fails with pose bones 6fdfa556678.