December 17 - 21
That was a short development week for me. Basically fixing some long standing crash on collections, drawing updates and missing eevee ui property.
- Fix T57816: Crash when deleting recently orphaned collection 36184f7392.
- Fix T58899: Eevee - Material Index missing from panel 6fc840b87c.
- Potential fix for sculpt mask diffuse color drawing update 74b3b81903.
- Fix Sculpt mask enable/disable does not update drawing immediatelly e113b402bd.
December 10 - 14
Tracker and bug fix week again. Went over reports, closed a few, fixed sorted ones (search buttons, missing redraw tags, missing ui buttons, ...). Wrapped up Cycles baking but a new bug was reported (T59360) - it is related to opensubdiv though.
All in all a good week. I'm looking forward for a non-bug-fixing week in the future though, since I would like to finish up the collection visibility changes.
- Removing experimental Object Collections addon 6ee58734.
- Fix T59388: Blender crash upon F3 command search in VSE 9fbada4a3b.
- UV pin: Use ID_RECALC_COPY_ON_WRITE instead of the almighty 0 fa41350c72.
- Fix T59381: UV editor - Pinned vertex missing update a63209e175.
- Fix UV editor missing/typo circle_select 2b7e56964a.
- Fix T59322: View Layer - Search not working fc74903f27.
- Fix T58351: Make Single User crashes 0e76ff18b5.
- New object API function : BKE_object_eval_reset() dc4c1be1a4.
- Build fixup for previous commit 10508338d8.
- Fixing crash with cycles baking with is_cage and no cage 285cfef695.
- Silence warning (const) 4d395a34dc.
- Fix Cycles baking active/cage 6871402614.
December 3 - 7
Tracker and bug fix week. Some bugs in my areas (local view, action zones, cycles baking) and some sorted ones. I'm still mid-way into a final Cycles baking fix. But I may not be able to finish this until next week. But once this is done, cycles baking would be back to fully working.
- Fix T58896: Addons with ob.vertex_groups.new without name keywork ec5d4c9a.
- Fix selected to active Cycles Baking f40a88a4ba.
- Update BVHTree.FromObject API, remove render argument e7c3f7ba6f.
- Partial fix to T58917 - No valid cage cc61b21dff.
- Fix T58871: New Scene Collection Does Not Create A New Collection a48bd6cc74.
- Fix T58904: Side tabs disappear when creating new View Layer 892a104d2c.
- Fix T58325: Local view Bug 3cce7b7ab9.
- Implement bvhtree.fromObject 80ffd7b459.
- Cleanup: Action zone coordinates be012c88c5.
- Fix area splitting from action zone flipping viewports 7c56ac2355.
November 26 - 30
I committed the local view patch, and did follow up fixes on it. Next I worked on collection visibility.
The work was done according to the plan Brecht and I agreed on, but it got reverted due to user feedback (see T57857).
I finished an alternative patch to be tested on the studio before committing this time. This unifies the visibility in the outliner for objects and collections (so no eye and screen icons).
- Remove from Local View operator a687d98e67.
- Per view-layer collection visibility 4de6a210c6.
- Outliner: Do not gray out empty collections 4521d3e707.
- Remove eye column from the outliner fd16b35997.
- Local View: Objects to be selected once back to regular view 37b882982a.
- Fix local view undo (T58051) e9875fc82c.
- Fix localview duplicated objects not in localview 9c546c70d7.
- Local View 4c3ed98ca2 b205cb369a.
- Other commits (done outside BI work)
- Font textbox overflow: Different methods 8e65e38649.
November 19 - 23
I worked only and exclusively on bringing Local view back. The final patch is working fine, with multi-object support even. Since the change touches many files I'm waiting for a final review pass before committing. Not implemented yet:
- Hack to make sure lights are always on local view.
- Rendered mode with external engines to respond to local view.
Note, while tackling local view I also fixed a few things for the per-viewport object type visibility. Their code is related, and for instance Cycles is also not respecting this setting.
- Pass viewport to BASE_ related tests, for viewport view/select restrictions 9be5b2d23f.
- Local view patch.
November 12 - 16
I worked on viewport collection related tasks. We now indicate the active collection name in the viewport and status bar (in object mode). And have an initial popover menu for collection visibility.
This is intended to replace the old layers dots. I then designed with William Reynish a solution to handle per-viewport visibility T57857. This will be a quite radical change, but it solves a lot of the problems we have. Mainly it moves visibility from view layer into the viewport. And unify H, Alt + H, /.
- RNA: LayerCollection.has_hidden_objects 98765e3700.
- Viewport collections visibility: Viewport and Selection options f8964809b8.
- Viewport collections visibility: Remove collection icon 0ff424b299.
- Explicitly disable separator spacer in popover and pie menus d9abb0eaae.
- Viewport collections visibility popover 098e807f9e.
- LayerCollection RNA API util functions b85886f8d5.
- Hide collections menu: ignore excluded collections 570e37261d.
- Fixup for view3d collection name drawing when no active object 79fa8f193b.
- Add active collection to viewport "name" stats 4a71102309.
- Add active collection to stats bar 51a14b64d8.
- Util to get collection UI name 42fbb8af83.
November 5 - 9
Metaball is in a good state now. I got to tackle renaming related crashes, as well as a full refactor in the selection code for metaballs (box and selection pick are now fully working with multi-objects). Multi-object is feature complete enough now, and ready to Beta in my opinion.
- Multi-Objects Metaball: Selection refactor - fix pick and box selection 221d078641.
- gpu.offscreen, fix pydoc, example and rename modelviewmatrix > viewmatrix 49a7bcafd9.
- Fix crash when renaming metaballs 6c10ec74d5.
- BKE_id_is_in_gobal_main > BKE_id_is_in_global_main 88d621a68f.
- Greasepencil: double promotion cleanup and related e49485a15c.
- GreasePencil: division by zero when stroke has one point 494ba42254.
- Multi-Objects: MBALL_OT_select_all 0a893c0901.
- object_collections.py : pep8 friendly c6c5635cc6.
October 29 - November 2
Another week on multi-objects, coming really close to calling it ready for the object types and modes we decided to support. I basically worked on the curve operators, and started on the metaballs.
Curves are only missing the select similar operator, for which we have a work in progress patch. I'm working with the patch author to get this done with. Meanwhile to give him more time to work on it, I started on the metaballs. There are really few operators there, I tackled the small ones, and missing are only the select all and similar. They may pick the interest of the forementioned developer, but if not I will tackle them next week.
That said meta-balls are in a really bad state. Besides drawing not updating when you add a new meta-ball, or transform the "child" ones, select pick is not working (nor changing active object), and crashes are easy to find.
- Multi-Objects: MBALL_OT_duplicate_metaelems 046ec863ff.
- Multi-Objects: MBALL_OT_delete_metaelems 6bee49eca4.
- Small cleanup on curve separation error handling c63d133f4d.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_make_segment 3335618489.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_reveal b5a18c1aac.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_hide 597d0ce93c.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_switch_direction 3e55b3c6d0.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_tilt_clear 14344de261.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_handle_type_set 3d4fd6ce1e.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_normals_make_consistent 500ebf7348.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_separate 4135c7786e.
- Fix for object.set_select not updating selection in viewport c2316909ff.
- Font cleanup: use ELEM ae87adc73a.
- Fix swapped on/off icons for brush overlays 95d4a6bdb1.
- Fix ui errors for brush toolbar 679e0daaf8.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_split e9980e5a75.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_duplicate b9d5888728 46bf079b7f.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_extrude 993f4d4827.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_spin 258ad21cf2.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_dissolve_verts d7c6013d01.
- Multi-Objects: CURVE_OT_select_nth 47afabbb42.
October 22 - 26
I started the week porting rigify to 2.8. I wanted a break from multi-objects, and I was using it outside Blender. So I was in a good position to test it thoroughly.
Besides that, I got lattices fully ported to multi-objects. That include a few operators, but mostly addressing all sort of related bugs such as:
- Crash when adding/removing lattice vertex groups;
- Lattice drawing data only for active lattice;
- Lasso wasn't working even for single object due to typo;
- Selection pick multi-object support (while I was there I tackled this for curves as well).
- Multi-Objects: Curve - select pick, linked and short path 6479e800bc.
- Cleanup: Remove silly redundant if check in ED_armature_edit_select_pick 7cbbc65faa.
- Fix T57367: Multi-Object-Mode: Edit Lattice selection only working for active object 254774a988.
- Fix lasso selection not working for lattices cd36d3f4d3.
- Fix crash when switching to Scripting workspace 009bfbf408.
- Small cleanup: Remove unneeded/wrong check b6a795f285.
- Fix unreported: Crash when adding/removing lattice vertex group f1974bb340 6d4e776711..
- Refactor cleanup: BKE_object_is_in_editmode 4af280ac90.
- Fix T57368: Multi-Object-Mode: Edit Lattice draws only active a2dc4d2532.
- Multi-Objects: LATTICE_OT_make_regular 1cc7d71a0b.
- Multi-Objects: LATTICE_OT_flip 1076523b1b 175326fed7.
- Lattice UI: Add select more/less to menu 134db5618a.
- Multi-Objects: LATTICE_OT_select_more/less 9f1857002e.
- Multi-Objects: LATTICE_OT_select_ungrouped c052d38d0a.
- Addons commits
- Rigify UI: Move operators to sidebar 2600e2f226.
- Rigify: Fix collections/layers 7a3d1e3f7a.
- Rigify: Fix remaining math update (*/@) ea1c1209ea.
- Rigify: More updates for 2.8 API 8164076481.
- Rigify: UI fix left over from OT.type > OT.anim_type change and misc 0e0e8de00e.
- Rigify: Hack to make sure UI is always linked to the object cadeb999ca.
- Rigify: Fixup from original 2.80 convertion 9940479d99.
- Rigify: Update for 2.8 API bfb29776bf.
October 15 - 19
Multi-objects: finished the armature pose operators o/. The pose slide ones were particularly tricky (breakdown, relax, push, propagate). They seem to be working fine, but again, it would benefit from animators testing.
- Multi-Objects: pose slide operators 3c61efcf20.
- Rename BakeAction > NLA_OT_bake 39ad5c3ef1.
- Remove defunct NLA_OT_bake f10bc11061.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_select_grouped > POSE_SEL_SAME_KEYINGSET 3/3 caad2d7528.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_select_grouped > POSE_SEL_SAME_LAYER 2/3 ed34e57796.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_select_grouped > POSE_SEL_SAME_GROUP 1/3 b8a792ddd2.
- Cleanup: CTX_DATA_BEGIN_FOR_ID no longer needed 7cc799d03d.
- Multi-Objects: Implement/Fix POSE_OT_select_constraint_target 374a8b9da5.
- UV_OT_unwrap: Error messages bdd02cc082.
- Fix multiple-object uv selection not "deselecting" other objects 15d5cd961c.
- CTX_DATA_BEGIN for active object only (..._from_active_object) d01e0d1ef1.
- Fix assert/crash when copying RGBA color into RGB ec305ea91f.
- Fix FBX exporter since recent material changes 449bf34ddbce
- Use CTX_DATA_BEGIN_FOR_ID 098b86475d.
- Fix sculpt curve stroke paint ff9e0b6781.
- Fix cmake not triggering rebuild on .glsl changes df816d534f.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_ik_add + POSE_OT_constraint_add_with_targets 7baa8d2e8f.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_constraints_copy (refactor) 418c16bd3b.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_constraints_clear 647218af07.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_ik_clear f3153f1c7f.
- Fix armature bones spline ik lines offset 540f37003c.
- Fix armature bones ik lines offset f280f83f83.
- Fix cmake not triggering rebuild on .glsl changes 28a3958cb3.
October 8 - 12
Multi-objects: Finished the armature edit operators, started pose operators. I wish I had made more progress but I went a bit back and forth with some operators. Namely whether said operator should behave as multi-objects or only for the active object. That lead me to revisit some of the finished armature edit operators (and revert some). Also some operators - like POSE_OT_paths* - where suggested to be ported by BI Studio/Joshua (see T54650), so I did. However for me they shouldn't be multi-objects friendly, so I committed but reverted. This way we can quickly bring them back if we decide to have them. My take on this is that animators feedback will be required as soon as we call it done. I'm happy with my decisions but I may be making some wrong assumptions to their workflow. Also assorted fixes with texture painting (assert on palette, and missing brush update).
- ED_pose_recalculate_paths: Run only for active object 605fbad872.
- Multi-Objects: POSELIB_OT_pose_add c462c43c1a.
- Revert "Multi-Object Pose: POSE_OT_select_parent by Harsha" cf74a6db7e.
- Pose path: skip time printing when not DEBUG_TIME e02f6ed13d.
- Revert "Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_paths_*" 478446e3a4.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_paths_* 3ffc2a8330.
- Revert "Fix for ARMATURE_OT_layers_show_all 75e1c70577.
- Revert "Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_armature_layers 894c3b1532.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_armature_layers for pose 29a281f9ef.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_bone_layers bb7f4f5714.
- POSE_OT_rotation_mode_set: Adding missing notifier 299b51dc83.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_rotation_mode_set 3b9b6a80ba.
- Rename: multi_changed > changed_multi dba7312f5e.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_autoside_names c7bbcfe954.
- Revert "Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_select_hierarchy" 2677e99217.
- Multi-Objects: POSE_OT_select_hierarchy (no real change) d95bb08f39.
- Fix runtime error: shift of uint 1b1702abb0.
- Fix for VIEW3D_OT_snap_selected_to_active 8c470e26d2.
- Fix for ARMATURE_OT_layers_show_all in pose mode 2a2858b30d.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_layers_show_all 7cf8eed5e0.
- Dissolve/delete dont need confirmation when called from menu ba36e90170.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_reveal 396eba4533.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_hide 4c3578b6af.
- Removal of "extend" option for ARMATURE_OT_select_linked 10a8786054.
- Cleanup 5cb633ce3f.
- Fix build error on windows/MSVC 18be4d942b.
- Fix for assert when sampling color to non-existent palette 9a670a67d2.
- Fix tool panel not refreshing when updating color 14d0aa728a.
October 1 - 5
Armature editing multi-object. Most of the listed operators are done, but I found out a few (9) that were not listed. Nothing special to report, but may as well: Some of the previous ported operators (ported for the copy-on-write task force) were wrong (using API that do not deal with unique data), some operators are used for both pose and edit armatures, so code is a bit different. As usual what took the longest was the select similar operator and its sub options.
- Pseudo-fix for ARMATURE_OT_autoside_names and x-mirror bb0b4b008e.
- Fix for ARMATURE_OT_flip_names and x-mirror d5e72c0e96.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_parent_clear c762074b7b.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_symmetrize 219a4987b9.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_separate fa8e91f03c.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_split 74e01d2235.
- ARMATURE_OT_fill: cleanup 28d617199d.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_merge d67972a9e1.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_autoside_names 8882b3d7b6.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_duplicate 0b8e92783e.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_click_extrude 6723e173a5.
- Fixes for ARMATURE_OT_extrude / ARMATURE_OT_extrude_move 1d6817d580.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_extrude / ARMATURE_OT_extrude_move 234d609f94.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_calculate_roll 13dfb91149.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_roll_clear def3b8c68c.
- Special enum item when no sound is found 149e912b1f.
- Multi-Objects: TRANSFORM_OT_vertex_random 00c0e55227.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar armature: SIMEDBONE_LAYER 1fd8e183d0.
- Multi-Objecs: Select similar armature: SIMEDBONE_PREFIX and SIMEDBONE_SUFFIX ecce4f49bb.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar armature: SIMEDBONE_DIRECTION 6b3ff1ec75.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar armature: SIMEDBONE_LENGTH e39d17096f.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar armature initial commit 821379e58d.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_select_hierarchy dcc623e7e7.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_select_less and ARMATURE_OT_select_more 27f2108e8a.
- Fix for POSE_OT_select_mirror 2a7ccf6e88.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_select_mirror 8b2bcce3d2.
- Fix mixed drawing face and edge checks in draw manager 3fe56ee8e7.
September 24 - 28
More multi-objects as well as sorted fixes. I'm done with Mesh and UV operators, and organized low priority todos in T56948. I then started tackling armature edit operators.
Note, finishing the mesh operators included select similar (which was misreported on Monday meeting as done), as well as a neglected operator (i.e., sort verts). Select similar region is still undone, and I gave it another go (see D3672 for details) but I would rather Campbell could step in and help here.
Sorted bug fixes included missing operators in menus, UI, outliner selection restriction bug, errors in console, and fix for clone painting.
- Fix object restrict selection toggle in outliner not working cdb772490a.
- Fix build on windows after ccg changes 19bdb84466.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar edge SIMEDGE_CREASE and SIMEDGE_CREASE 75eb947275.
- Code style cleanup after recent object drawing > viewport changes 9dbf71adb8.
- Remove warnings 5a6b46f0ca.
- Fix memleak on edbm_select_linked_pick_invoke ebe955b1c8.
- Cleanup comments on select similar edge b75648694c.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar face SIMFACE_SIDES 8990ad1b9c.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar face SIMFACE_MATERIAL 3618646e71.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar face SIMFACE_AREA and SIMFACE_PERIMETER c32b63f8fd.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar face SIMFACE_NORMAL f59b968cef.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar face SIMFACE_SMOOTH 424bb2ebdc.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar face SIMFACE_FREESTYLE c9d0873e90.
- Remove wrongly copy/pasted comment on object_facemap_ops.c 235c51f11a.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar face SIMFACE_FACEMAP c419cb7305.
- Multi-Objects: Selects similar face SIMFACE_COPLANAR c29d18c4c8.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar vertex: SIMVERT_VGROUP 75b2091d42.
- Cleanup: Remove bmo_similar.c and small renaming 0f03750f4f.
- Fix wireframe threshold not active on wireframe mode 8a06249058.
- Multi-Objects: MESH_OT_sort_elements ffb424c85f.
- Fix errors for show_occlude_wire not in view3d.overlay 62aee662ae.
- Multi-Objects: Fix edit mesh texts drawing in the wrong place c87d6048b9.
- Fix painting clone ui/rna not working fc96283c1c.
- RNA: Cleanup - remove no longer needed get/set functions f4fe3f1975.
- Multiple-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_flip_names 47cf8bd928.
- Multiple-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_dissolve bfb0ebc3d1.
- Expose armature.dissolve to the menu 1eb26680d4.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_armature_layers 3a8b56ce24.
- Multi-Objects: ARMATURE_OT_switch_direction 0f9b7560db.
- Use orientation_helper decorator 345d7ace8756.
September 17 - 21
(worked 1 1/2 days)
More work on multi-objects. Mainly working in the select similar operator. Missing select similar vertex groups; edge crease and bevel; and all the face ones. The ones tackled were: Vertex Normal, face count, edge count; Edge length, direction, face count, face angle, seam, sharp and freestyle. I also crossed off UV operators from the list. I consider they fully working. Only minor bother is the UV straighten that should be more "multi-objectic" in my opinion.
- UV_OT_align: Cleanup (use enum instead of chars for modes enum 8fc6609cc0.
- Move select similar to its own file a1acff5459.
- Multi-Objects: Initial select similar support c0fb90ff9a.
- Addon Utils: Green light the uv layout addon 828627a796.
- Fix build for MSVC: Remove trailing double semicolon cffae36381.
- Select similar edge: Granular error message 850fda2358.
- Multi-objects: Select similar edge SIMEDGE_FACE acc6c50d8a.
- Multi-objects: Select similar edge SIMEDGE_DIR b38be90515.
- Multi-objects: Select similar edge SIMEDGE_LENGTH 3e46bea46b.
- Rename bm_sel_similar_cmp_short > select_similar_compare_LONG 35f659aeb4.
- Multi-objects: Select similar edge SIMEDGE_FACE_ANGLE e406a9f305.
- MESH_OT_select_similar: Cleanup 438e09dbbe.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar edge SIMEDGE_SEAM/SIMEDGE_SHARP e8ec01dbb5.
- Select Similar: Skip hidden elements c2582bfc63.
- Select Similar: Cleanup eeeb469db2.
- Multi-Objects: Select similar edge SIMEDGE_FREESTYLE 09616c3f2f.
- Select Similar: Cleanup - WITH_FREESYTLE 502dbcf404.
- Other commits (done outside BI work)
- Typo on pydoc for uniform_int e316e41f84.
- GPU Python API: shader.uniform_float 425cfdd5be.
- Preserve the actively bound framebuffer after using gpu.offscreen fb88088203.
- Updated gpu.types.GPUOffscreen.py example file fbc837b2f8.
- Fixup for gpu.types.GPUOffscreen.py example a3020d5558.
September 3 - 7
(worked 3 days)
More work on multi-objects. We are finally under the 100 mark. Kudos to Alan Troth, I used a lot of his UV's patches with minor changes. Small status report on the missing operators for UV and Mesh:
- MESH_OT_sort_elements: There are two incomplete patches for this (D3330, D3379), I will need to tackle it myself.
- UV_OT_stitch: Waiting for bugfix on contributor's patch, see D3645.
- MESH_OT_select_similar_region: Need to fixing a crash on own patch, see D3672.
- MESH_OT_select_similar: Did a first pass, and agreed with Campbell about next step, see D3674.
- MESH_OT_knife_project + MESH_OT_knife_tool: Need too big of a refactor. Postponed, see D3637
- Multi-Objects: OBJECT_OT_vertex_group_smooth 3dee8b4a12.
- Multi-Object Editing: MESH_OT_bridge_edge_loops eb2226dde2.
- Weightpaint mode: Removing barbarian batch tagging on engine init 27c954386b.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_select_pinned 9947011ade.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_pin 0f50caf556.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_circle_select b55e304815.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_select_split 577d35ef2c.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_seams_from_islands e5ee12f535.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_align and UV_OT_weld 994f438af3.
- Fix GPU.offscreen to use depsgraph and updated API e8dc73a0c9.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_snap_selected 92f70c45ea.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_smart_project 67682f567b.
- Cleanup: uvcalc_smart_project.py 9710056fb5.
- Cleanup: uvcalc_smart_project.py 2/2 9c1150a295.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_lightmap_pack 2b83b36a30.
- UV_OT_lightmap_pack: Distinction between edit and object modes 5dbf9e09a8.
- Fix error message from MESH_OT_faces_mirror_uv a8fffa4da8.
- Multi-Objects: UV_OT_follow_active_quads b060248324.
- Multi-Objects: orthographic support for UV project 5ff15a1777.
August 27 - 31
(worked 1 1/2 days) Fixed some font related issues (text box not drawing, and font selection not updating), and then multi-objects. There are very few left (of the mesh ones), the work this week included reviewing and committing with minor changes patches (some from May, some from this week - people got wind that we are tackling multi-objects again).
- Fix space text script - keyboard for labels 2e9a0e1254.
- Silence Grease Pencil warning 7874f5e5a1.
- Fix Font object: text selection and cursor not updating 7527f2317a.
- Cleanup: GPU_BATCH_DISCARD_ARRAY_SAFE (deduplicate existing code) f436e0acab.
- Fix Text Boxes not drawing 6c87958dac.
- Multi-Objects: VIEW3D_OT_snap_selected_to_cursor by Habib Gahbiche ec3357e03a.
- Cleanup: edbm_do_smooth_laplacian_vertex_exec fede95aa68.
- MESH_OT_shape_propagate_to_all: Add error when no selected vertex f3a1ca1872.
- MESH_OT_blend_from_shape: Add error when no selected vertex 53ae9b1034.
- MESH_OT_symmetrize: Cleanup, get op->ptr props outside objects loop b0c146a9eb.
- Fix memleak on snap_curs_to_sel_ex 0610c09f8c.
- Fixup for multi-objects snap functions 3065dc435c.
- Fixup for MESH_OT_vertices_smooth_laplacian 41759e74de.
- Follow up to MESH_OT_offset_edge_loops f6b902a9ca.
- Fix MESH_OT_loop_select: Deselect object objects a5f950ed38.
August 20 - 24
(worked 3 1/2 days) Motion tracking wrap up - brought back constraints lines drawing, worked with Sebastian on the missing operator to be ported (Setup Scene Tracking). Multi-Objects work. There were a few of the simple cases (colors reverse, loop select), but every one of the non-corner case ones needs its own share of attention: Bisect, shortest path, select axis, dupli extrude cursor.
Fixed a bug to kill some time while waiting on patch review. And spent time on the knife operator, but it turned to be too complex and Campbell agree on us leaving it aside for now. More details on D3637.
- Object constraint lines viewport drawing bfdaa9a979.
- Fix relationship lines selectable 53dfb4895c.
- Multi-Objects: MESH_OT_colors_reverse 753be0a2a5.
- Remove MESH_OT_drop_named_image b4d23818c8.
- Multi-Objects: MESH_OT_dupli_extrude_cursor 68a719f1ea.
- Motion Tracking: Script cleanup 91ff41bbda.
- Fix T56413: Setup Tracking Scene not working in 2.8 17c245e294 e9182a0f5d.
- Fix crash in edbm_shortest_path_pick_ex 5200f6a2d7.
- Multi-Object-Editing: bisect support f9eb2f29fe.
- Fix building without OPENSUBDIV 491e1ad225.
- Multi-Objects: MESH_OT_shortest_path_pick c32cc3e43e.
- Improvement to MESH_OT_shortest_path_pick behaviour dc00c330c5.
- Fix T56500: Origin to geometry crashes on armature 25c918196c.
- Rename: *_batch_cache_dirty > *_batch_cache_dirty_tag 613523d5f5.
- Multi-Objects: MESH_OT_loop_select 7fa77cd31d.
- MESH_OT_select_axis: cleanup (use enum instead of hardcoded values) 00ab0b0399.
- MESH_OT_select_axis: Make it work with world axis, not local ones ce34f9348f.
- Multi-Objects: MESH_OT_select_axis c899f21800.
- Fix MESH_OT_shortest_path_pick 21661d1681.
August 13 - 17
(worked 3 days) Motion Tracking reconstruction drawing, scripts.
- Depsgraph: Build node and relations for movieclip ID for its nodes cead9abe07.
- Sync rna_access rna property update cow check with depsgraph cc9255f8a8.
- Fix gpu building after cleanup 6ca48a523a.
- Fix viewport background video/clip not updating on playback 37f6a26e74.
- EEVEE: Volumes - get current frame from depsgraph b2966b70fe.
- Motion Tracking Reconstruction Viewport Drawing (T51544) 7907dfc400.
- Fix viewport selection of markers not updating in all editors 5d15e68743.
- Skip bundle names when drawing selection pass ad7cb02404.
- Clip Reconstruction: Cleanup - use const for selection synchronize 5a89dfe06b.
- Fix build after GreasePencil commit ea43e4a060.
- Camera Reconstruction: Draw solid spheres 248c049b70.
- Camera Reconstruction: Camera Path 461b3c817e.
- Camera Reconstruction: Fix sorted scripts d3160f350d.
- Camera Background: don't show "Not Set" when using Camera Clip a495df6b3b.
- Object constraint lines viewport drawing bfdaa9a979.
- Fix relationship lines selectable 53dfb4895c.
August 6 - 10
July 13 - August 3