Reference/Release Notes/Dev:Ref/Release Notes/2.79/UI
Blender 2.79: User Interface
Application templates are a feature that allows you to define a re-usable configuration that can be selected to replace the default configuration, without requiring a separate Blender installation or overwriting your personal settings. (f68145011fd46)
For more details, see the application templates documentation.
- Support for customizing shortcuts of button interactions. Shortcut editing has been enabled for:
- Eyedropper operator (Default shortcut: Template:Shortcut/Hotkey)
- Keyframe operators (Default shortcuts: Template:Shortcut/Hotkey to insert, Template:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/Hotkey to delete, Template:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/Hotkey to clear)
- Driver operators (Default shortcuts: Template:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/Hotkey to insert, Template:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/Hotkey to delete)
- Keying Set operators (Default shortcuts: Template:Shortcut/Hotkey to add to Keying Set, Template:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/Hotkey to remove from Keying Set)
- NDOF navigation can now be used during border and circle select.
- Transform manipulator now allows pressing Template:Shortcut/Hotkey before selecting the axis.
- Cycling through tabs with Template:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/Hotkey and Template:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/Hotkey is now possible in the properties editor, tabbed tool shelves and user preferences (718bf8fd9d1)
- An entire vector or color can now be copied and pasted using Template:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/Hotkey/Template:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/HotkeyTemplate:Shortcut/Hotkey, instead of just a single value. (rB4e95a9069e).
High DPI displays on Windows 8.1+ and X11 are now better supported. The interface is now automatically scaled with the system DPI. On Windows multiple monitors with different DPI are supported as well. For X11, the DPI is based on Xft.dpi or xrandr --dpi, which is set for most desktop environments. (fe3fb236970c)
The user preferences now have a Display Scale setting in the Interface tab, to adjust the size of fonts and buttons relative to the automatically detected DPI.
- For disabled buttons, more tooltips show the reason why the button is disabled now. (6f8060450934)
- A Modifiers tab has been added to the NLA & VSE editors to match the behavior of the Graph editor. (65c8937f7ed8)
- Sequencer properties shelf has been cleaned up to better use space. (415ff7467ca9)
- UV editing tools have been added to the toolshelf in the UV/Image editor. (8b0fbb909b15)
- 3D view now support using both orbit selected and orbit depth at the same time, using cursor depth if nothing is selected. (a1164eb3ddb)
- Image empties now support multi-view stereo. (fffb1a4)
- Add-on duplicates warning now includes paths in the User Interface. (112e4de8855a)