- New preference to toggle fresnel in Edit Mode.
- Wire Color is now available for all shading modes.
- Object/mode-specific overlays have been moved into their own popover. (4fa4f5432d)
- Statistics: Ability to see per-item, and per-selection counts while in Object mode (6e20beba22).
- Canvas selector in the header in paint modes. (3b5df8a7ea)
- Tool settings headers in the 3D View and Image Editor draw with a fully transparent background (with the region overlap preference enabled) and the theme's region background behind clusters of buttons (55eaa755e3, ff78d33bb4).
- The 3D Viewport background is now set to single-color in the default theme, since the vignette effect can lead to glitches in certain hardware according to community feedback (eef2b61e9)
- 3D viewport header can now be made transparent (along with tool header) with theme color alpha change (d308f35896).
- Tweaks to the Object Types visibility popover (7405993cb7).
- Status text for modal operators now shown in the Tool Settings bar if visible (ca00c9aa3e).
- The Options panel accessed in Object mode and Mesh Edit mode has been reorganized. (560e9c654b)
- Text object selection can now start outside of the text block. Improved selection with text boxes and when on curves (5b3ce7b740).
- Numpad Return key can add new line while editing Text Objects. (ff6b25a200).
- Walk Navigation: New modal keymap to adjust jump height (f418e4f648).