Reference/Release Notes/3.3/Pipeline Assets IO
< Reference | Release Notes | 3.3
Pipeline, Assets & I/O
- Improved performance when importing USD, Alembic, OBJ files with massive amounts of objects (rB230f7234, rB5b5811c9, rB94323bb4, rB7f8d0513, rB092732d1). Importing a production USD scene with 260 thousand objects went from 3.5 hours down to 1.5 minutes.
- The export operator can now have presets (rB1d668b63)
- Importer and exporter support .obj vertex colors now (rB1b4f35f6). Importer can import both "xyzrgb" and "#MRGB" vertex color formats; exporter optionally writes "xyzrgb" format.
- The Python based OBJ importer/exporter is marked as "legacy" in the menu item now; the new C++ based one got "experimental" label removed. Addons using
bpy.ops.export_scene.objAPIs are strongly encouraged to switch to
- New experimental STL (.stl) importer (rB7c511f1b). The new importer is written in C++ and is about 8 times faster than the Python importer.
- OpenVDB volumes can now be exported to USD (rBce3dd123).
glTF I/O is an python addon, change logs can be retrieved on Addon page