Sculpt, Paint, Texture
- Vertex colors have been refactored into generic color attributes (rBeae36be3).
- Color attributes support both 8-bit byte and 32-bit floating point colors and can be stored in Vertex or Face Corner domains. The default is using Vertex -> Color setting, to reduce file sizes, RAM usage and improve color quality.
Painting in Sculpt Mode
- Color attributes can be painted inside vertex paint mode or in sculpt mode using the new sculpt paint tools (rBeae36be3).
- Painting tools in Sculpt mode have advantages like masking options, face sets/masks support and faster performance. They will serve as a base for future painting improvements and modes.
- Vertex paint mode has been ported to support painting color attributes. (rB575ade22).
- Using painting tools in solid view switches viewport shading color to “Attribute” (rB90042b7d).
- This ensures that the color attributes are visible when painting, without making the visualisation mandatory in sculpt mode.
- Paint Brush - default brush for painting color attributes.
- Holding Shift key switches Paint brush to Blur.
- Can modulate wet paint effect for color smudging.
- Includes extra sliders to control the tip roundness and width
- Flow and Density also control how much color is applied during the stroke
- Smear Brush - brush for smearing color attributes
- Has various deformation modes.
- Color Filter - tool for modifying existing colors. Filter operations include:
- Mask By Color - tool for creating masks from the active color attribute
- Edit Voxel Size operator now displays units properly (b226236b01).
- Voxel Remesh default settings have been changed (d1418dd151).
- Voxel Remesher supports color attributes.
- Color attributes, face sets and masks are now being preserved.
- 'Fix poles' is for now disabled to drastically increase remeshing speed.