Blender 3.1: Grease Pencil
- New option to toggle collection inverse selection. This allows conveniently exclude a collection and select "the rest of" the scene. (40c8e23d48)
- Differences between collection line art usage flag:
- Collection line art usage is global, used to specify e.g. if a collection should appear in calculation at all.
- Invert collection selection is used to easily select a collection and "everything else other than that collection", making it convenient to set up such cases.
- New option to preserve contour lines when using face mark filtering. (dde997086c)
- Noise tolerant chaining. This feature takes advantage of original line art chain which is a continuous long chain, instead of splitting it at each occlusion change, this function tolerates short segments of "zig-zag" occlusion incoherence and don't split the chain at these points, thus creates a much smoother result. (5ae76fae90)
- New Merge All Layers option in Merge operator. (556c71a84a)
- New option in PDF export to export full scene frame range. (e1c4e5df22)
- Now Fill tool allows to use a Dilate negative value to contract the filled area and create a gap between fill and stroke. (3b14224881)
Modifiers and VFX