Blender 3.0: Add-ons
New add-on key requirements
Blender wants to implement fair and uniform rules for all add-ons included in official releases. Therefore new requirements have been added. As a result various add-ons aren't bundled with Blender anymore or have been updated.
- BlenderKit isn't distributed with Blender anymore but can still be downloaded from the BlenderKit website. (rBA13ecbb8)
- Archipack isn't distributed with Blender anymore but can still be downloaded from the Archipack website (rBAd7517a6)
- Magic UV: The online updater was removed. (rBA3c5d373)
- Added selection of cumulative objects (objects that are in more than one collection) to the specials menu in the CM popup. (rBAeba3a31)
- Added support for creating QCD slots by clicking on the unassigned slots on the 3D Viewport header widget (the little Xs). Unassigned slots now have a tooltip with more information and hotkeys for doing things like creating a new slot and moving the selected objects to it. (rBAf583ecf)
- Added the option to create all missing QCD slots from the Quick View Toggles menu so you end up with a full 20. (rBAf583ecf)
- Updated the tooltip for the Collection Manager's move objects button with the title "Send Objects to Collection" (was "Set Object Collection"). (rBA69f875e)
- Changed the icon for the move objects button, when no objects are present in the collection, to better suggest moving objects. (rBA69f875e)
- Updated the invert icon in the filter arrow to use the standard double arrows icon. (rBA69f875e)
- Changed the filter collections by selected objects icon to be consistent with the move objects button's selected objects icon. (rBA69f875e)
- Fixed a bug where attempting to deselect nested collections fails when there are no objects present in the collection you clicked on (the parent collection). (rBA11aebc0)
- The Rigify Legacy Mode and its preference checkbox have been removed. (rBA7412d6c)
- A new modular face rig has been implemented. An upgrade operator button is provided similar to older legacy rig types; however for now the old face is merely deprecated and can still be used. (T89808, rBA2acf22b, rBA985f6d8)
- Some Rigify operations have been added to a new menu to make them searchable. (rBA27fe7f3)
- If the metarig contains a bone called 'root', it is now used as the root control to allow changing its rest position or assigning a custom widget. (rBA992b059)
- Rigify now refreshes all drivers in the file after generation to fix drivers that got stuck due to transient errors. (rBAe4d9cf8)
- Rigify can now execute a custom python script datablock after generation to allow arbitrary post-generation customization without losing ability to re-generate. (rBAecf30de)
- Rigify now uses mirrored linked duplicates for the widgets for the left and right side by default; can be disabled with an option. (rBAeed6d6c)
- The limb IK system has been changed to improve stability of non-pole mode and pole toggle precision, which slightly changes non-pole mode output. (rBA293cc14)
- Subsurface: Support for 'Boundary Smooth' option of the Blender modifier has been added to the FBX importer and exporter (rBA9a285d8).
- Basic support for material import has been added (rBA0573bc7).