Blender 2.90: Physics
- New Features:
- OpenVDB fluid caching: Smoke (grids) and liquid (grids and particles) data will now be cached into a single .vdb cache file per frame. (9fe64948ab, 9951858942)
- Updated gravity: Matches world gravity now (fluid buoyancy behaves differently compared to 2.8x releases). (21485e94aa)
- Simplified cache format options:
- There are now only two cache formats fields (Volume data - grids & particles, Surface data - meshes). Cache format options for 'Noise' and 'Particles' have been deprecated.
- Only two cache file formats are available ('.uni', '.vdb'). The '.raw' file format has been deprecated.
- New UI Options:
- Frame Offset: Read cache files with a frame offset. (Manual, fb0f0f4d79)
- System Maximum: Define the maximum number of particles that are allowed in a simulation. (Manual, e76f64a532)
- Important Bug Fixes:
- New option to apply a pressure gradient emulating the weight of contained or surrounding fluid. (b1f9799508)
- Force effectors have a new Wind Factor setting to specify how much the force is reduced when acting parallel to the cloth surface (previously hard-coded as 100% reduction). (9e70129959)