Blender 2.82: Add-ons
- Some generation settings are stored in the metarig now, instead of being global to the file. (rBA71565f82)
spines.basic_spinerig now has new optional FK controls. (rBAdd723151)
- Spine and limbs now have an option (off by default) to create an arbitrarily movable rotation pivot control, similar to BlenRig. (rBA358bc43e)
- A new
basic.pivotrig can be used as a parent of the spine to add a custom pivot between root and torso. (rBA358bc43e)
- The default rotation pivot of the foot IK control has been switched from toe to ankle by default, but can be switched back. (rBAc871246f)
- The Human metarig now uses
simple_tentacle; the finger rig has new B-Bone and layer options. (rBAb9a821bf)
- The arm rig can optionally generate an extra wrist pivot control for the IK hand, most useful for implementing finger IK. (rBAdb3e15be, rBA7b529777)
basic.raw_copyrig that copies a bone without adding the ORG prefix, allowing copying complex ad-hoc rig setups verbatim. (rBAa50e87484)
raw_copyrigs now have options to patch the parent and constraint targets after bones are generated, for advanced ad-hoc rigging. (rBAfeb02092)
super_fingerrig now has optional experimental simple fingertip IK support, similar to some other rigs like BlenRig. (rBAa41ceb3a)
Add Mesh Extra Objects
- New Rock Generator addon
- The rock generator addon has been in addons contrib and nightly builds for several years now.
- Integrated now into the "Extra Objects" menu, more people can now get to appreciate Paul Marshall's work.
- Mesh Tools has integrated the Mesh Relax addon into it's family.
- New Ctrl/U Save Defaults and Preferences pie. Working across all editors, save your settings from the 1 menu.
- Returned: Proportional Edit pie. Rewritten by request. Proportional Edit pie offers an alternative to the built in Shift/O proportional menu.
- Advanced search options have been introduced for models and materials
- UI has been reworked, so now the add-on can be found in the top 3d view header.
- Asset Bar now opens automatically after search ends, and can also be open after blender starts. This is a big speedup in interaction.
- An empty search searches the latest additions in the database.
- Material thumbnail generator has been improved.
- This wonderful addition imports Photoshop and Krita palette files. From Antionio Vazquez.
- Precision Drawing Tools from Alan Odom and Rune Morling.
- This great new addon introduces some CAD style techniques to the Blender toolkit.
Add Node Presets
- This addon by Campbell Barton is promoted from addons contrib in nightly builds to main releases.
- In the expanded addons activation box, select a directory that has .blend files with node groups.
- You will now have a new Templates menu containing your nodes in the Add > Node menu across the node editors.
- Manage Your Collections in the 3d Viewport. Thanks to Ryan Inch
- Use real world coordinates to adjust your light to match the sun position at any time of day!
- Promoted from nightly builds to release with the thanks to Pablo Vazquez and CansecoGPC
- this addon provides many small features and functions to extend usability.