Dev:Ref/Release Notes/2.76/More Features
Blender 2.76: More Features
- Animation player (blender -a) now supports sound playback for movies
- It's possible to pause and start a movie by using Space
- An indicator feature is added to display the current position of the player in the played movie. To toggle, press I
- Sculpting now allows tiling strokes to create repeating patterns while sculpting. Options can be found in the "Symmetry" panel in the toolbar (0c0db92) <br\> <br\> Compatibility warning
2D painting also uses the new options under the "Tiling" panel in Tools tab and now allows tiling separately in X and Y dimensions. The old "wrap" option is removed.
- Improved weight paint smoothing (c402057)
Datablock Previews in .blend Files
rB8d37aaeca1f9d extends and make useful again our .blend file datablocks preview system, it:
- Adds preview to Object, Group and Scene IDs, along with some basic pyscripting to generate such previews.
- Exposes ID previews to RNA.
Basic previews handling is in File→Data Previews menu. And RNA allows pretty much every one to write e.g. a small addon running before file save to generate your own previews as you want.
Multiple Link/Append at Once
You can now select and link/append multiple datablocks (of different types and even from different files) in a single operation.
- context menus for scenes [with single entry "Delete" atm.] (d94137e).
- Support of half float multi-layer EXR files (9d796df)
- Particle Info Node supported in node trees for blender internal and in the viewport thanks to a patch by the Blend4Web team. (3894066)
- Add argument --python-expr to pass Python code directly as arguments (958c208).
- Boundingbox support for lattices [in viewport drawing, bpy, using "Dimensions"] (3fa0a1a).