Blender 2.75: Modelling
Modelling improvements include: A new Corrective Smooth modifier for smoothing deformed areas was added, the Decimate modifier was improved, Metaballs got a great performance boost, the Rip Tool has new split off options, Edge Slide sliding can now be done un-clamped, Subdivde Smooth output was improved to be more even, more options for selection, ...
Corrective Smooth Modifier
New corrective smooth modifier to smooth over ugly deformation areas. (c16a8983efba9e)
More info in the Blender Manual.
- Improved geometry distribution for flat surfaces (aa54d93a29b3ed)
- Improved quality of weighted decimate with support for scaling the weight influence (455ca1b28f140)
- Subdivide smooth now gives more even output (6e02f1da74a523)
- Rip Tool: Improved support for detaching different kinds of connected regions
- Edge Slide: support for un-clamped sliding (Holding Alt allows to slide past bounds) - (e3b0d5e99ba70a5)
- Checker de-select now has the option to skip steps to give more control (1dd1d286c67ef1)
- Select linked: Improved delimiter options and support for vertex and edge modes
- Significant speedup calculating geometry (replace Octree with BVH) - (98f41066943d8b1cf)
Material slots can now be reordered in the UI (4288ab16e5c83bd)
Demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dUT_qO2E6c
Template:Warning/Important This affects polygons' material indices (since polygons reference their assigned material by its material slot index).