Modeling improvements include: New features for the Knife-tool, like free-hand cuts drawing and closing cut-loops using double click, a new selection method called "Select Similar Regions", Bevel weight support for vertices in Bevel modifier, ...
- Knife-tool now allows cuts to be drawn free-hand when holding down the left mouse button (bfa75dc99063)
- Knife-tool can close the cut-loop by double clicking (497a26665c4900)
- Knife-cuts along existing edges now selects them for more predictable outcome (6fb1e1680bcd)
- Many fixes and improvements to overall robustness
- Smooth tool: Hard min/max values of smooth factor are now a bit more permissive, allowing user to set extreme unrealistic ones (soft values remain in safe, normal range) (fb7f06288d38)
- Shrink/Fatten now uses face-normals when used in face-mode (1ddfe6676de1b38)
- Individual Origins mode now supports proportional editing (6a45b2a2324277)
- Select more/less can now step over adjacent faces. This keeps a square shaped selection when using grid topology (a081a4817cf43e)
Select Similar Regions
This allows you to select matching features on a model that has multiple similar areas.
This is available from: Face -> Select Similar -> Face Regions
- Multiple similar regions can be selected at once.
- Selection is based on topology (so proportions don't have to match, but topology does)
- Shapekeys reordering (Move up/down) has been rewritten, only change visible from user is new options to move on top/bottom of the list (from extra menu) (00ff9da2eecd)