Reference/Release Notes/2.70/Game Development
Blender 2.70: Game Development
Photoshop PSD files can now be loaded in Blender. Files must be saved with the Maximum Compatibility option, and Blender will read a flattened version of the image where all layers are composited together. (Template:Commit)
- 8bit images (with or without alpha)
- 16bits images (alpha discarded)
- Photoshop files saved with 'Maximum Compatibility'
- Packed images are not supported
- Saving PSD files is not supported
Navigation system revamped with a new walk mode, similar to first person navigation systems available in 3d games.
Read more about this mode in our manual page Walk mode
Level of Detail
A discrete level of detail system with viewport preview has been added to the Game Engine.
Documentation for this new feature can be found here