Blender 2.69: Modeling
Viewport: Hidden Wire
This draw option can be accessed in mesh Edit mode from the shading panel of the Properties. It is useful for a retopology workflow to show only front-facing wireframes. Optimally this should be combined with the XRay display setting in the Object Data properties.
Note: Hidden Wire is not available while Viewport Shading is set to wireframe.
- Rotate around individual origins now supports connected face/edge islands. (Template:Commit)
- Bridge tool now has a twist option for circular loops. (Template:Commit)
- Edgenet fill tool was rewritten, making it significantly faster. (Template:Commit)
- Symmetrize was rewritten and now preserves UVs and mesh data. (Template:Commit)
- New clean-up tools have been added to fill holes and split non-planar faces (Template:Commit Template:Commit).
- Grid fill tool was improved. It can now fill a single, closed edge loop, active vertex to detect the corner and detect non square grids. It also preserves UVs and vertex colors better now. (Template:Commit) (Template:Commit) (Template:Commit)
Mesh Bisect has been added to perform quick cuts, dividing meshes in half, optionally removing one side of the cut and filling in the exposed areas.
- New spline smoothing for tilt and weight. Template:Commit
- New split operator for curves, adds ability to delete separate segments and duplicate parts of cyclic curves too Template:Commit
- Scaling a curve handle now scales around the knot Template:Commit, and added support for individual-centers to perform this on multiple handles at once Template:Commit
- Add new snap option: 'Selection to Cursor (Offset)', rather than moving everything into the cursor location, the current selection centers around the cursor. (Template:Commit) (Template:Commit)
- Lasso select now supports overlapping lines, in all modes and editors. (Template:Commit Template:Commit)
- Layers (like UV maps or vertex colors) are now merged by name, instead of by mere index.