Dev:Ref/Release Notes/2.61/More Features
Blender 2.61: More Features
Changes up to revision 42577. Before editing or adding items, please read the guidelines for editing the changelogs.
- 3D mouse device support color wheel and cube UI controls (e.g. color pickers) - r41508
- Tilting the ndof device up and down and rolling it left and right will move the 'color cursor' in screen x and y, and twisting the ndof device will rotate the cursor around the colour wheel (hue).
- 3D mouse axis invert preferences for turntable navigation and zooming - r41831
- Remove the non-functional Time Offset option. - r41573
- Animation Hacks panel renamed to Relations Extras - r41573
- Add Dependency Relations operator to print the dependency graph to the console, useful for debugging and understanding the relations. - r41522
- Marker editing - r41497
- Add "Duplicate Marker to Scene..." option
- Remove option to link Markers from Ctrl+L menu
- Python drivers: 'frame' can now be used to get the current frame - r41943
- Camera sensor size is now configurable, to match real cameras. - r41524
- Support of variable size sensor width and height.
- Presets for most common cameras, and new presets can be defined by the user.
- Option to control which dimension (vertical or horizontal) along which field of view angle fits.
- Editing library absolute/relative paths in the outliner or through python is now more reliable - r41235
- Making library datablocks local now remaps file paths to the local .blend file - r41329
- Default point cache file paths are now in either the temporary folder if the file is not saved yet, and relative to the .blend file if it is - r41909
- Point cache paths from linked library now support - r42009
- Point cache directories now use cache_ prefix by default - r42053
- Improved, though not complete, editing of text with special characters in user interface text fields and 3D text objects. - r41129, r41133, r41144, r41146, r41147, r41181, r41182
- Translation: add Indonesion language - r41275
- Translation: upgrade Italian and Russian to nearly done status - r41692
- Disable x-mirror option when proportional edit is enabled. This option isn't supported because it behaves strangely in many cases. - r41550
- Mirror modifier now works in vertex select + weight paint mode, and has option to mirror all vertex groups. - r41431
- Make duplicates real: options to parent to the original duplicator and preserve internal parent hierarchies - r41602
- Multires baking speed was improved - r41778
- 3D Cursor settings split off from View panel in 3D view - r41575
- Mesh loop cut number of cuts can now be modified using numpad plus/minus and numeric input - r42037
- UV (Texture) Layer renamed to UV Map in the user interface - r42098
- Node inputs that are angles were not in the correct units, now they are internally radians and degrees in the user interface - r41807
- Saving 2.61 files with earlier Blender versions and reopening them in a newer version will not work correct, always save with the same or a newer version.
- Change various default values for compositing node inputs - r41385, r41520
- Muting nodes is now also supported for shader and texture nodes, and inside node groups - r42019
- Material nodes: top right icon in the node now shows brighter for the active node (that will output passes). - 42466 r 42466
- World mist intensity options reorganized to make the user interface more clear - r41462
- Operator to delete objects from all scenes, shortcut shift+delete - r41851
- Align active camera to selected operator, to frame all selected, renderable objects - r41813
- Text editor with tabs as spaces enabled now jumps indentation spaces as if they were tabs - r41839
- Border select operators in all editors now includes an Extend property, to extend or replace the selection - r41930
- Theme options to show panel header background and mute icon colors - r41992
- Changes to drawing of editor splitting, region expand and UI embossing - r41992, r41993
- More useful error messages for failed image loading - r41306
- Saving images in the image editor now shows image format settings, and various changes to show only settings when they apply for the chosen format - r42041, r42045 , r42116, r42118
- Background images can now be individually disabled - r42272
- Tweak event threshold value in user preferences, for tablets - r42483