Blender 2.61: Addons
Changes up to revision 2766. Before editing or adding items, please read the guidelines for editing the changelogs.
Non-release builds now include contributed addons that aren't approved yet to be included for official releases, but which can be now be tested by users with test builds. They can be found by enabling the supported level "Testing". - Template:Commit
Adobe After Effects Export
A new addon was added to export animation data to Adobe After Effects. The camera and placeholders for all of the objects you select can be exported and used to link After Effects' filters or layers basing on your scene created in Blender.
Atomic Blender (Protein Data Bank Import)
The importer 'Atomic Blender' (Menu -> File -> Import -> Protein Data Bank) can be used to load Protein Data Bank (PDB) files into Blender. It reads the coordinates of all atoms in the PDB file and represents the atoms as balls in the Blender scene. Also the sticks, which connect atoms, are shown if this option is chosen and if the sticks are listed in the PDB file.
Atomic Blender opens a panel in Blender, which can be found in the Tools tab (View3D). Some options, inputs and buttons help in the representation of the atoms and sticks.
Atomic Blender is interesting for scientists, who want to visualize their molecules, crystal structures, surfaces, etc. with Blender. The PDB format is widely distributed and can be produced by many programs including programs like CrystalMaker or Vesta. Thanks to Blender, fancy graphics can be obtained meeting the standards of top-level journals with an high impact factor. r2711
Nuke Camera Animation Import/Export
From this release on you can use the *.chan files to exchange the animation of cameras or objects between Blender and Nuke, or any other software that can handle this format (there are similiar scripts for most of the 3d softwares).
Acclaim and C3D Importer
These scripts were developed with financial support from the Foundation for Science and Technology of Portugal.
- 3DS import: restore image search option - Template:Commit
- Unreal PSK export: UV limit option added - Template:Commit
- fix: X3D exporter not exporting non-mesh objects correct - Template:Commit
- fix: importer/exporter issues with utf8 file paths - Template:Commit, Template:Commit
- fix #29228]: X3D exporter does not convert to mesh surfaces - Template:Commit
- fix #28988: Quake MAP material/UV error - Template:Commit
- fix: Unreal PSK export: material export error - Template:Commit
- fix #29040: ascii STL export error - Template:Commit
- fix #29490: OBJ exporter with "write materrials" unchecked write a line "usemtl" - Template:Commit
- fix: X3D hierarchy export error with duplicated ID's - Template:Commit
- fix: unreal PSK export error with no armature - Template:Commit
- fix: 3D coat exchange folder error, didn't save folder path at all - Template:Commit
- fix #29375: .obj image import failure - Template:Commit
- fix #29043: netrender error with fluid sim modifier - Template:Commit
- fix: netrender script error scanning for master - Template:Commit
- fix: netrender connection issue on Mac - Template:Commit
- fix: netrender error in sending thumbnail to master - Template:Commit
- fix: renderfarm.fi cancel button not working in some cases, hide completed and cancelled sessions - Template:Commit
- Measure panel: edge length measurement support - Template:Commit
- fix: paint palette preset menu error message when no path specified - Template:Commit
- fix: resource leak in demo mode addon - Template:Commit
- fix demo mode searching entire disk in some cases - Template:Commit
- fix: divide by zero error in looptools - Template:Commit
- fix: divide by zero error in curve sapling, preset export error fixed - Template:Commit
- fix: rigify error when generating a rig without any drivers - Template:Commit
- fix: add pyramid mesh not registering in menu - Template:Commit
- fix #29271: fracture object only worked with layer 1 visible - Template:Commit
- fix: game engine save as runtime lib/lib issue - Template:Commit
- fix: images as plans error if the image data can't be loaded - Template:Commit