Process/Release On Steam
This is a work in-progress playbook on how to release Blender on Steam.
Currently the process requires several manual steps and is not well documented.
- Where to find the Steam ContentBuilder and ContentPrep apps
- The actual app_build and depot_build template files
Original playbook to make a Steam Release:
- Download all versions of Blender release and put them in a directory
- Use python 2.7 to prepare the MacOS bundle for steam:
python ContentPrep.app/Contents/MacOS/contentprep.py --console -v -s blender.app -d $OUTPUT/PATH -a 365670 --noscramble --nowrap
- move prepared app bundles to source directory taking care to delete the originals first.
- Tune the desc in the app_build***.vfd
- Tune the paths in the VDF files
- run the steam client:
builder_osx/steamcmd +login <username> <password> +run_app_build_http ../scripts/app_build_365670.vdf +quit
- Wait a bit for upload.. then you can assign builds in the portal https://partner.steamgames.com/apps/builds/365670