This is a checklist to go over when making release, to ensure everything has been updated.
- Splash screen
- Release list in release/freedesktop/org.blender.Blender.appdata.xml
- Version bump (before tag)
- BLENDER_VERSION_CYCLE in BKE_blender_version.h
- Do an actual subversion bump if needed to have everything properly organized in our doversion code.
- I.E. block with /* Versioning code until next subversion bump goes here. */ comment should be empty.
- Both blo_do_versions_xxx and do_versions_after_linking_xxx have to be checked.
- Tag repositories:
- blender (rB)
- addons (rBA, /release/scripts/addons)
- i18n (rBT, /release/datafiles/locale)
- tools (rBDT /source/tools)
- libraries (rBL)
- The following are not tagged: addons contrib (rBAC), i18n SVN (rBTS)
- Version bump (after tag)
- BLENDER_VERSION, BLENDER_SUBVERSION, BLENDER_VERSION_CYCLE in BKE_blender_version.h
- PROJECT_NUMBER in doc/doxygen/Doxyfile
- Sync and tag Cycles "stand-alone" repository (rC)
- Run automated tests
- Run manual tests
- Upload releases and checksums to http://download.blender.org/release/
- Upload source created with make tgz to http://download.blender.org/source/
- Ensure mirrors are synced
- Steam release
- Windows Store release
- Snapcraft.io, see release/freedesktop/snap/README.txt
- Finish release notes
- Create new notes for next release
- Ensure updated screenshots at https://download.blender.org/demo/screenshots/
- Release notes: adapt from wiki and add artwork
- Credits page: update using source/tools/utils/credits_git_gen.py
- Sitewide settings: set Blender Version and release data
- Front page: add news item
- Donwload page:
- Features & Splash tab
- Update Release Features Summary, this text goes under the download section.
- Update Splash Artwork, this shows up next to the Release Features Summary, doesn’t necessarily need to be the splash artwork, can be a cool screenshot too.
- Platforms tab
- Update the File Path for every build in every platform.
- E.g. blender-2.79b-windows64.msi -> blender-2.80-windows64.msi
- Mirrors tab
- Check that all enabled mirrors have a copy of the file, otherwise disable.
- Release Candidate tab: turn off/on
- Announcement tab
- This is a piece of HTML that can be displayed under the main download button. It could be used for adding a quick link to older versions.
- Features & Splash tab
- Check that builds are shown correctly for the next release cycle
- Freeze manual at version number and update for new version
- Freeze API docs at version number and update for new version
- Check manual links are valid in Blender (see bl_rna_manual_reference.py)