Ideas for features to add.
See the Roadmap.
- Gabor noise node
- Can generate many interesting patterns, might need good UI for parameters
- OpenColorIO integration
- Add back worley weights to voronoi node.
- Access to object color and other object properties from nodes (support RNA paths?).
- Option to include environment lighting in shadow pass.
- UV project modifier special mapping for UV maps to avoid distortion.
- Vertex color RGB+Alpha support (for dynamic paint, see T36832)
- Support video texture auto-refresh for viewport's Texture and Material shadings, see T40295
- Motion blur doesn't work together with autosplit T42315
- Hair does not get proper color when emitted from vertices T42706
- Using Triangles for Hair loosing intercept information T43625
- Depth pass could be improved for volume/smoke T43836
- Handling multiple image datablocks pointing to the same image on the disk T45124
- Look into improved UV projection from view support T46014
- Make Hair settings per particle system instead of per scene.
- Voronoi texture is biased towards coordinates T50658
- Clipping doesn't work in GLSL viewport T53468
- Node link menu in properties editor has become too big, needs to get submenus
- Properties editor UI should be improved, perhaps:
- Add outliner like alternating lines
- Some better indication of hierarchy that doesn't take up much horizontal space
- Better auto position when adding nodes (with multiple inputs nodes overlap)
- Auto sync BSDF color and viewport color
- Needs some algorithm to deal with mix shader hierarchies, to find the good diffuse node
- Decouple lamp size for hemi/sun lamp and point/spot/area, the units for the former are wrong
- Show watts, watts/m^2 units in the UI
- Hide color component for node sockets in the UI
- Enable selective features compilation for CUDA and shader/baking kernels of OpenCL.
- Pause rendering when 3d view gets hidden
- Progressive Animation Rendering (details)
- Render pause button
- Keep scene in memory and sync between F12 render (avoid image/mesh/.. reloading)
- Allow user-defined attribute requests associated with OSL code (T39415)
- Better support of ray visibility of volumes (T48512)