|UI location||Propeties Panel > Object Panel > Mocap tools|
|Usage||A suite of motion capture tools for retargeting and working with motion capture|
|File name||mocap/__init__.py, mocap_constraints.py, mocap_tools.py, retarget.py,|
|Current version download||https://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/blender-addons.git/tree/HEAD:/mocap|
|External Python Modules or dependencies||bl_operators/nla.py|
|Links||Author's wiki page|
The Motion Capture Tools add-on, as it's name suggests, has many varied and different tools for the artist who wants to work with motion capture data. At the heart of the system, is the retargeting tool, which allows artists to transfer animations from the imported mocap armature to their own rig. In addition, there are tools for stitching 2 animations together, converting heavily sampled fcurves to beziers, detecting loops in an animation, having the animation follow a path, and more.
- If you downloaded the individual .py files that make up the addon:
- Make a mocap subdirectory of addons and copy all the files there
- Start Blender, go to user Preferences, and enable Animation: Motion Capture Tools
- User Manual
- YouTube Channel Containing video tutorials and demos covering most of the functionality in the add on.
- Vimeo Vimeo clip showing the last tutorial (8), Advanced Retargeting. Not available on YouTube due to length. My Vimeo channel also has copies of the above YouTube vids.