This script is now part of blender, therefore the script has been removed from svn ( see forum link above ). To enable the script in recent blender versions, start blender in debug mode ('blender --debug').
|UI location||Group: 3d view|
|Current version download||Updated addon for Blender 2.65 and above in case you don't wanna use the built-in feature: space_view3d_index_visualiser_bmesh.py|
- Put the script in \\.blender\scripts\addons.
- In User Preferences you can see the Add-Ons menu.
- You can activate the script here.
- The script will now show up in the properties panel of the 3d view in the Mesh Display tab.
How to use
- Select an object and enter Editmode (tab-key)
- Display the properties panel (N-key)
- Go to the Mesh Display tab, it helps to fold the tabs above it
- Press the 'Visualise indices button'
- Visualise indices - this toggles whether the indices are shown or not (press once to activate, press again to de-activate)
- Vertices / Edges / Faces - determines of which group(s) to show the indices
- Selected only - If toggled, only indices of selected verts/edges/faces are shown
- Live - If toggled, the indices will be automatically update, disabling can speed up performance.
If you change the mesh (selection) in edit-mode with Live option disabled, the indices won't automatically update. You'll have to tab in and out of object mode. This was done to improve the speed of the script.