Blender 2.74: Sculpting/Painting
Sculpting/Painting improvements include: More options for Rake and Random mapping, support for drawing strokes in 45 degree angles, dithered texture paint strokes, cavity masks which mask the brush on cavities or hills, ...
- Rake and Random mapping are not mutually exclusive anymore
- Random mapping takes a range value
- Rake and Random are supported independently for mask brushes too
- Line strokes now support constrains to 45 degree increments when holding Ctrl down after starting a stroke
- Support for dithering when painting on byte images has been added. Control the amount by using the slider in the options panel.
- Support for cavity masking during painting. Cavity masking means that the brush will be masked if there is a cavity or a hill on the mesh surface depending on the mesh options. The cavity algorithm is vertex-based for now.
- Cycles UV node support: Now any UV map nodes before an image texture will be used when painting to allow custom UV layers. Transforms of UVs and multiple UV nodes are not supported though.