This page contains old developer information, kept for archiving purposes.
BF-Extensions Monthly Meeting Dates & Times
- Next meeting
- In IRC freenode #blenderpython
- Date = 1st Sunday in October.
- Time = 1500 CEST (1300 UTC) to 1700 CEST (1500 UTC).
- Please note Py Dev Meeting will start 1 hour before Blender Dev Meeting & may resume I hour after as this allows for people in different timezones to participate. Logs will be taken so devs in different timezones can be involved in decisions.
BF-Extensions Monthly Meeting Agenda
- 1\ Current Projects
- 2\ 2.6 Targets
- 3\ To Do List
- 4\ Proposals
- 5\ I/O scripts planning
- 5\ Misc/Other Buisness
BF-Extensions Monthly Meeting notes
1/ Current Projects/Goals
- To improve the current list of addons by extending or consolodating a scripts, including merging where two or more scripts are similar or use the same menu.
- To improve the quality of exsisting scripts.
- To promote the healthy growth of the addons system.
- To promote the use of our contrib svn for addons developement.
2\ 2.6 Targets
- Scripts targeted/requested as longer term goals.
- Motion Trail By Bart Crouch
- Theme Manager By Bart Crouch
3/ BF-Extensions To Do List
Upload Script Reviews/ Author Svn Access
- scripts/authors tagged for contrib & svn access
add_mesh_rocks by brikbot
- tagged by meta-androcto
- this script is very well maintained & brikbot is willing to help extend functionality of some current addons.
beam_builder by revolt_randy.
- tagged by meta-androcto
- this script is well maintained over a long term.
- It will do well in contrib & should be developed & possibly merged with the masonry script.
Contrib Script Reviews/ Moves to Release
cursor scripts by seminumerical.
- these scripts status need to be reviewed again
- there are three scripts in total & they have been distributed broken for some time.
- Proposed recommendation form last meeting:
- move the script out of contrib & back to upload until it is fixed or replaced.
- there is a new cursor script in upload that may replace these scripts also.
- it will need to be reviewed seperately.
Vertex_Slide by ValterVB
- we need to look at this script, it was tagged for review but not reviewed after 2 weeks.
- ValterVB comment:
- Campbell have warning me that the big issue is that I change from Edit Mode to Object Mode and viceversa for every Draw, so can be slow with big mesh (I think that work good with less of 100K vertices). So I need to know if this is a locking problem, because I haven't solution for this.
- MichaelW (cowtools) has scripts in release for some time.
- meta-androcto asks he be promoted to a Senior dev.
- Proposal For Assigning scripts Contrib/Upload > Meta-Androcto
- I feel the system of assigning scripts should be:
- When a script is reviewed in Upload, the Reviewer/Senior Dev assigns the script to him/herself.
- When the script gets moved to Contrib, the Script Author is then assigned the script.
- Proposal to grey out broken scripts by Crouch.
- Proposal to add "extra-info" to bl_info - Hart.