|UI location||File → Import → OpenFlight(.flt)...|
|Version||2.45+ 2007-9-20||Author(s)||Geoffrey Bantle (Briggs), Campbell Barton and Greg MacDonald|
|Blender||2.42a - 2.45+ and newer||License||GPL|
|Note(s)|| Included in Blender 2.42a - 2.46.
OpenFlight is a registered trademark of MultiGen-Paradigm, Inc.
|External Python Modules or dependencies||Utility: flt_filewalker.py|
- Python & Plugins forum at Blender Artists (TODO).
Select the script from the File → Import → OpenFlight(.flt) menu.
When run the importer will present a graphical interface to control the import process. The following options can be set.
|Base File||FILE SELECTOR||Blank|
|Choose which FLT file to start import on.|
|Default of 1.00 sets scale to 1 blender unit = 1 flt unit.|
|Import Xrefs as seperate scenes and instanced using dupli-groups.|
|Import Custom Shading||Toggle||On|
|Uses the per face shading in FLT as source for edge split shading in blender.|
|Import Attribute Files||TOGGLE||Off|
|Import texture attribute files. Stored as ID properties per image block.|
- Sub-Face relationships are preserved. Sub-Faces that are parented to an N-Gon face are not supported.
- NGons are triangulated on import.
- Faces with a single vertex are imported as loose points.
- Faces with just two vertices are imported as wire edges.
- Wireframe and Open Wireframe faces are imported as loops of wire edges.
Hierarchy & Node Support
- Supported Nodes include:
- Inline Light Point
- FLT nodes are represented by Blender objects with ID props attached.
- Nodes which have faces for children are represented by a mesh.
- On initial import only the LOD with the highest detail is displayed.
- External references to whole files are imported in separate scenes and instanced using empties with the dupli-group option set.
- Inline light points are represented by a mesh with loose vertices.
- Matrix transforms.
- Header Node attributes such as projection type are stored as ID properties of scene blocks.
Texturing, Materials & Colors
- UV information including multi-texturing imported.
- Indexed face colors imported as a custom property and baked to a special vcol layer for real-time display
- Optional reading of texture attribute files. Sets ClampX/Y image attributes.
- Preservation of custom smooth shading via the edge-split modifier
- Color palette read and stored per-scene.
- Material and shaders are ignored. Future support for material and shader palettes is planned.
- For triangulated faces, normals must be recomputed outward manually by typing CtrlN in edit mode.
- Alpha attribute of faces is not set correctly on import. (This does not affect export)
- The importer currently uses remove doubles to unify the mesh after import. If you have two sibling faces that are oppositely oriented one of them will be removed. To prevent this, make sure that your original file has oppositely oriented faces not share a parent.