2.6x release cycle
Blender 2.64 "BCon" schedule:
- BCon1: 10 May (define targets, get branches reviewed & ready)
- BCon2: 27 May (add branches to svn, targets are defined)
- BCon3: 10 June (testing and fixing period)
- BCon4: end August (provide test builds, fixing only)
- BCon5: early Sept (svn frozen, release a few days after)
More about the development process
Issues for (new) developers to work on are collected in wiki. It's known todo items, features or fixes that already have been approved to be worked on:
Admins and Module Owners
Initiated in 2007 and taking off in 2009, the Blender developers worked on upgrading the internal code for handling of events and tools. In practice it meant that the entire UI core was rewritten and cleaned up.
Projects in Branches
This is an incomplete list of projects currently under development, see also the branches in svn.
- Node based particle system
- Nurbana project, advanced Nurbs editing and tools
There is a separate page for Game Engine Projects.