2.6x release cycle
Blender 2.63 "BCon" schedule:
- BCon1: 15 February (define targets, get branches reviewed & ready)
- BCon2: 04 March (add branches to svn)
- BCon3: 18 March (testing and fixing period)
- BCon4: 01 April (make release candidate, fixing only)
- BCon5: 08 April (svn frozen, release a few days after)
More about the development process
Likely 2.63 targets
- Partial visibility (Sculpt)
Initiated in 2007 and taking off in 2009, the Blender developers worked on upgrading the internal code for handling of events and tools. In practice it meant that the entire UI core was rewritten and cleaned up.
Issues for (new) developers to work on are collected in wiki. It's known todo items, features or fixes that already have been approved to be worked on:
Admins and Module Owners
Projects in Branches
This is an incomplete list of projects currently under development, see also the branches in svn.
- BMesh: Ngon mesh with improved modeling tools (integration, to do, blog, feature notes)
- OpenCL and tile-based compositing
- Node based particle system
- Nurbana project, advanced Nurbs editing and tools
There is a separate page for Game Engine Projects.