Please read through this document before reporting bugs for the 2.5 development.
Blender 2.5 is a work-in-progress, almost all parts are now ready for testing and reporting. This section will clearly list the known issues (todo items) for which you don't have to report on yet, or which have already been reported, but moved to this todo list.
Also respect the bug reporting guidelines on the bug submission page! A good bug report tells the simplest way for someone else to reproduce the problem.
- 2.5 Bug Tracker
- Submit New Bug
- Testing binaries: 2.5 Betas, check http://www.graphicall.org for daily builds.
We are currently in the third beta release of the 2.5 series: 2.56a. We strive to stabilize the current code base by 1) working through the bug tracker and then 2) work through these todo items as found on this page.
What not to report
- Keyboard shortcuts are mostly temporary at this point.
- User expectations ("I would expect this to work...") - unless you have evidence it should work (it worked before, or code is supposed to work).
- Crashes when running out of memory
Categories for testing/reporting
- Game Engine, physics
- Editing Meshes, Sculpting, Particles, and so on
- Animation System
- Blender's window/area manager
- Events, keys, undo, widgets, history, tool redo
- Capabilities of individual editors
- 3D View, Image Editor, Node Editor, ...
- Creating Interfaces
- Extending and configuring Blender
- Anything related to developing or creating Blender binaries for all platforms
- Windows, Linux, OS X related
- OpenGL graphics, sound
- CPUs, devices, ...
- Simple todos that new developers can pickup
- See this sunday meeting report