There are three major things that I need to do for light paint as a post GSOC project. The amount of work is small compared to the amount of time that I have allocated. However since I have to work full-time till the end of December, such arrangement is probably more realistic and more feasible.
The major tasks are:
- Improve light paint. Modify and complete shadow coefficients generation that was buggy.
- Light node need another design review and most of the work probably needs to be re-done.
- Generate new test builds for user feedback. Merge back to 2.5 after collecting feedbacks.
- Sept.6th - Sept.25th
- I will work work on the raytrace and shadow coefficients part and improve some UI features. I probably need Brecth's input in this part.
- Sept.26th - Oct.16th: I will be in Tibet and Nepal
- Oct.17th - Nov.29th
- I will work with Matt on light node design. Light node should probably be changed to a shading node instead of a texture node.
- Nov.30th - Dec.29th (possible one week of absence because of SIGGRAPH Asia)
- I will post some builds on graphicall.org again and collect some feedbacks. If the feedbacks are positive, then it's worthwhile to make light paint a part of 2.5.