From the authors page:
The water is simulated using the Lattice-boltzman method. It is controlled using particles which define local force fields and are generated automatically from either a physical simulation or a sequence of target shapes. At the same time, as much as possible of the natural fluid motion is preserved.
This feature was also shown at Siggraph 2007 and is now integrated into Blender.
- You specify the start and end time during which time the fluid control object is active
- Attraction force
- The attraction force specifies the force which gets emmited by the fluid control object. Positive force results in attraction of the fluid, negative force in avoidance.
- Velocity force
- If the fluid control object moves, the resulting velocity can also introduce a force to the fluid.
- Higher quality result in more control particles for the fluid control object
- The control particle movement gets reversed