Rigid body dynamics improvements in Blender 2.43
Download new 2.43 physics demos
Download the demos and example files - press pkey to start most of them - most have text describing their usage:
Make a Rube Goldberg style physics machine and win a Playstation 3 or Wii
Visit http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=775 for more info.
- Ball-socket, hinge and generic rigid body constraints can be added using buttons in the Blender user interface. This helps building robots, ragdolls, constructions like a door hinge and a water mill
Physics simulation baking/recording into animations (IPO)
- Blender 2.43 improves the support of baking of rigid body dynamics into animation IPO frames. It records the orientation and position of dynamic objects while running the game engine when the option is enabled in the Game Menu.
- A new hotkey can quickly bake without showing the game engine graphics: Hold left SHIFT+CTRL+ALT and press P for quick baking.
- Multiple collision shapes can be combined as compound collision objects for a single rigid body. This allows a better approximation of concave and hollow objects by doing a convex decomposition and adding each convex part to the compound. Children that are directly parented to the rigid body can be used to create Compound Rigid Bodies (make sure to clear parent inverse)
Bullet 2.x Physics Support
- Upgraded to Bullet 2.x Physics library
- Visit http://bulletphysics.com for Physics Tips in the Wiki and Physics Support in the Forum
- A new first-person-shooter template for character games is included in the physics test files. This template serves as a starting point for moving a character through a world. Dynamic (non rigid body) is more compatible with Sumo. This helps with character motion.oh man]
Improved COLLADA Physics import/export
- Blender 2.43 has improved Collada compatibility using the recent version of ColladaBlender 0.3.137. This includes import and export of the xml based Collada .dae files with data for collision detection and rigid body physics information.
- A new option in the Game menu "Show Physics Visualization" helps fixing issues with collision detection and physics.
Graphics and Logic improvements in Blender 2.43
Download Graphics Demos
- Download Blender 2.43 Graphics Demos
- Download lightmap tutorial:
- Added support for lightmaps, generated by Blender Render Baking.
- Browse this lightmap tutorial on-line
- Property and Message Sensor triggering fixes
Mouse-look on Mac OSX
- setMousePosition is fixed for Mac OS X. This enabled First-Person-Shooter style mouse look.