|UI location||View3d > hotkey I, when in Edit Mesh mode|
|Usage||Select a face or faces, hit the Inset button, adjust the inset amount, height, using the mouse in the 3d view or...|
|Version||0, 5||Author(s)||Jon Sandström|
|Current version download||https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-extensions/contrib/py/scripts/addons/mesh_inset_extrude.py|
|Warning||This is an alpha version.|
|Known Issues|| TODO:
- To Do
- Copy the file to the "addons" folder of your blender installation. the location should be similar to this: 2.57/scripts/addons
- Restart blender
- Open the user preferences window (Ctrl+Alt+U) and selecting the "Add-Ons" tab, then type in "inset extrude" in the search field and enable the addon by ticking the checkbox in the top right corner.
- The addon is now ready for use
- Open the user preferences window (Ctrl+Alt+U) and go to the "Add-Ons" tab.
- Click the "Install Add-on..." button in the bottom list, locate the file on your hard drive and install it.
Inset a selection:
- select the area/areas you want to inset, then click the I key to execute the tool. For big selections the script may take a second to load.
- move the mouse horizontally to until the desired result is achived.
- confirm by clicking the left mouse button
Inset and extrude the selection from surface:
- repeat the previous steps, but instead of clicking the left mousebutton, click and drag vertically to extrude from the original surface.
- confirm by releasing the left mousebutton.
Inset and extrude with exact values:
- Once the tool is executed and in interactive mode, the user can input numerical values for both inset and extrusion. the numpad operators "/, *, -, +" will also function as mathematical operators.
- Press enter to confirm the numeric input.
- Holding Shift will increase the sensitivity
- Holding Ctrl will snap to 1 decimal place. Combined with Shift it will snap to 2 decimal places.
Creating a shell:
- Select all faces of the object you want to make a shell for.
- Duplicate the selection with Shift+D and press the right mousebutton to cancel the translation
- click I key to start the tool (remember it may take a few seconds to precalculate large selections). type "0" and press enter, then move the mouse until the desired thickness has been obtained
- remove doubles and check the face normals
How it Works