|UI location||Group: Add Curve|
|Current version download||https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-extensions/trunk/py/scripts/addons/add_curve_torus_knots.py|
Merged into Add Curve Extra Objects
This addon has been merged in the Add Curve Extra Objects one (so you have to enable that last one to get it).
- This script is in Blender 2.5 Add-Ons menu.
Torus knots are knots that lie on the surface of a Torus.
Torus knots are defined by a pair of coprime integers.
The p and q parameters in the script control which kind of knot you get.
- p controls how many times the knot is going around the torus.
- q controls how many times the knot goes through the center of the torus.
The plus options reveal additional parameters which can be used to create all kinds of other funky knot-like things. But if set right they also allow all types of torus knots.
- u and v are multiplicators to parts of p and q, they change the way the knot is twisted around the torus.
- rounds is a split of p. It controls how many times the knot goes around and can be set differently then p. This allows to get many different forms. Torus knots require this to be equal to p.
Access: add curve > Torus Knot +
- The interface for this script is found in the Add > Curves Menu
- In Blender 2.5 the scripts currently show up in the toolbar.
- Currently you need to set script parameters before doing any transforms or using modifiers.
- In the Wiki writer's opinion always have Python Installed on your computer when using scripts. http://www.python.org/
- Python & Plugins forum at Blender Artists.
- Back to Extensions:2.5/Py/Scripts