|UI location||View3D -> Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Shift+Delete, Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Insert; Copy/Paste panel in Tool Shelf|
|Current version download||https://raw.github.com/dairin0d/cut-copy-paste/master/space_view3d_cut_copy_paste.py|
Hit CtrlAltU to load up the User Preferences (or use the File menu and click Save User Settings). Click the Install Addon... button at the bottom, then navigate to your space_view3d_cut_copy_paste.py script.
Check the little box on the right of the Addon entry in the list to enable it. If, for some reason, you have a hard time finding it, you can search for Cut/Copy/Paste, or click on the "3D View" button on the left.
If you want to keep this addon available at all times, follow the above steps on a fresh .blend (CtrlN to create one), then hit CtrlU at this point. The next time you run Blender, you won't have to repeat the above.
When enabled, it would add a Copy/Paste panel to the Tool Shelf, and register Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Shift+Delete, Ctrl+Insert, Shift+Insert shortcuts for 3D view.
This addon makes it possible to cut/copy/paste objects (curves/surfaces, metaelements and bones are not implemented yet) across different layers, scenes and Blender files.
- External: if enabled, Copy in Object mode would save current .blend file (so that it can be accessed from other instances of Blender).
- Append: if enabled, pasted objects would be appended (fully copied); otherwise, they would be linked (similarly to "Link from Library" and "Duplicate Linked").
- Paste at Cursor: if enabled, pasted selection's pivot would be aligned with the 3D Cursor; otherwise, the selection would be pasted in the same coordinates as the original data.
- Move to mouse: if enabled, pasted selection's pivot would be aligned to match mouse screen position.
- Align to view: if enabled, the pasted selection would be rotated to match the original orientation relative to the view.
- Coordinate System: depending on this setting, geometry/bones would be pasted either in the absolute coordinates, or relative to the active object/bone.
Should feel similar to the regular Cut/Copy/Paste in other applications.