|UI location||Group: Image|
|Usage|| This can texture a simple billboard mesh from any number of selected objects.
Renders objects in the selection to quad faces on the active mesh.
|Blender||2.42 - 2.46||License||GPL|
|Note(s)||Included in Blender 2.43 - 2.46|
- Light your model or enable the shadless flag so it is visible
- Make a low poly mesh out of quads with 90d corners. (this will be you billboard mesh)
- Select the model and any lamps that light it
- Select the billboard mesh so that it is active
- Run this script, Adjust settings such as image size or oversampling.
- Select a place to save the PNG image.
- Once the script has finished running return to the 3d view by pressing Shift+F5
- To see the newly applied textures change the drawtype to 'Textured Solid'
- Python & Plugins forum at Blender Artists.