|UI location||File → Export → OpenFlight (.flt)...|
|Version||2.45+ 2007-9-20||Author(s)|| Geoffrey Bantle (Briggs) and |
|Blender||2.45+ and newer||License||GPL|
|Note(s)|| Included in Blender 2.45, 2.46
OpenFlight is a registered trademark of MultiGen-Paradigm, Inc.
|Links||this script comes with Blender.|
Select the script from the File → Export → OpenFlight(.flt) menu.
When run the exporter will present a graphical interface to control the export process. The following options can be set.
|Base Path||PATH||Last directory accessed by blender|
|Directory to write current scene to.|
|Xref Directory||PATH||Base path + "/externals"|
|Directory to write External references|
|Textures Directory||PATH||Base path + "/textures"|
|Directory for 'copy textures' tool.|
|External application to launch after export.|
|If pressed, the angle between faces will be used to split edges in meshes that do not already have custom shading.|
|Default value of 1.00 means that 1 blender unit = 1 meter in output files.|
|Copies textures to output directory previously chosen with Textures Directory field.|
|Local coordinates toggle. Default is recommended for now.|
|If checked External references in the current scene will be exported to the directory set in the "XRef Directory" field.|
|Launch external application on export.|
- Single loose wire edges are exported as 2 vertex faces.
- Wire Loops exported as faces with 'closed wireframe' draw style.
- Incomplete loops exported as faces with 'open wireframe' draw style.
- Loose vertices exported as single vertex faces.
- Sub-face relationships.
- Faces marked as double sided are exported with correct flags.
- Face alpha determined by the file extension of images assigned to it. Example: A face with an *.RGBA image assigned to it will have its alpha draw flags set properly.
- Objects export type determined by FLT ID properties.
- Empties and meshes with no FLT ID properties attached are exported as either object or group nodes depending on whether they have any children.
- Invalid child types are ignored. Example: Group node that is child of Object Node
- External references
- Export objects in either world-space or local-space coordinates.
- Matrix transforms (local-space)
- Correct shading of negatively scaled objects (world-space)
- Export scale(world-space)
Texturing, Materials and Colors
- UV mapping and texture information exported. If using multi-texturing, UV layers must have proper names. Example: Layer0, Layer2,...Layer7.
- Custom color palettes.
- Face and light point colors & intensities.
- Texture Attribute files.
- Custom shading via any combination of solid/smooth faces and edge split modifier.
- Default shading angle for automatic calculation of smooth shading.
- Faces with a Color index of zero are exported as 127 (white).
- Option to copy textures to a user defined directory if they do not exist there already.
- Attribute file writing.
- Material and shaders are ignored. Future support for material and shader palettes is planned.
- There is no way to set the face color for open/wire faces. Currently they default to black.
- The two-sided draw flag must be set on Layer0
- Do not use sub-faces with alpha faces in the same mesh. The results on export will not be what you expect. Instead break your alpha faces into a separate mesh
- Python & Plugins forum at Blender Artists (TODO).