Page status (reviewing guidelines)
Requires image to show function.
This deformation modifier can be used to warp parts of a mesh to a new location in a very flexible way by using 2 objects to select the "from" and "to" regions, with options for using a curve falloff, texture and vertex group.
The Warp Modifier is a bit tricky at first, but it helps to understand how it works. The modifier requires two points, specified by object centers. The "from" point designates a point in space that is pulled toward the "to" point. It is akin to using the Proportional Editing in edit mode.
- Specify the origin object transformation of the warp.
- Specify the destination object transformation of the warp.
- Preserve Volume
- Enables volume preservation when rotating one of the transforms.
- Vertex Group
- Limit the deformation to a specific vertex group.
- Sets how strong the effect is.
- Sets the distance from the transforms that can be warped by the transform handles.
- Falloff Type
- Sets the way the strength of the warp change as it goes from the center of the transform to the Radius value. See Proportional Editing for descriptions of the falloff types.
- Specify a texture the strength is offset by to create variations in the displacement.
- Texture Coordinates
- Set the way textures are applied to the mesh when using a textured warp.
- Specify an object to use when set to Object.
- UV Layer
- Specify a UV layer when set to UV.